#1January 10th, 2006 · 08:34 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Sangen

This song is not in a battle

To start with, Sangen means The Song in Norwegian (according to freetranslation.com) and has no significance on the nature of the song (other than the fact that it is indeed a song).  I just went with Norwegian because Sangen sounded the coolest.

And if there was any question, this is an all instrumental piece.  I can't sing or write lyrics.  The 1.5ish minute intro is a slight variation of a tune I wrote when I got my classical guitar.  Technically one of my friends worked on it too(thanks Zeke).  After that, I just wanted to do a sort of dueling electric/classical guitar thing in a song that had a bunch of different phases.  However, at 3 minutes it seemed to be an appropriate time to use my pennywhistle.  Also, this was my first time to ever record in stereo (on purpose), so I hope its not too poorly done.  Also, I apologize for any and all mistakes... I have never spent so much time recording a song as I did this, and was pretty sick of correcting small mistakes.  Finally, I appreciate all comments/suggestions/criticism/marriage proposals (though I cannot guarantee any response on any of those).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 11th, 2006 · 01:25 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United States of America
fuck yeah that is sweet man
                    it has a cool trippy kinda feel id say i enjoyed zoning out and listening to it
#3January 11th, 2006 · 11:40 AM
5 posts
Norway
Very nice! enjoyable........you've combined the classical and the electric sound very good......good work 
#4January 11th, 2006 · 11:47 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, this is great! Loved it!
The guitars duel was cool... once though of making that, but don't know why I never did it, but, no way, you did it first, so I'm screwed up, but you made a great job. Nice solo-ings.
Keep this up.

> Iszil
#5January 11th, 2006 · 12:29 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
great mix of world music and contemporary rock - oldfieldish in that, but very different.

flute was off though, but nothing too bothersome. particulary loved the acoustic solo thingies.

keep working on it, it's great stuff.
#6January 11th, 2006 · 01:32 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
took me to the land of sin
dude this song is totally self explanatory and really gt to me gd song bud
#7January 11th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, this is nice!
A good quality recording of a lovely piece of music.  I really liked the blend of guitar sounds, and the sounds you got from the electric are great!
I'm not so sure about the penny whistle (which sounds very much like a descant recorder to me) - I actually think that it blends in really well, although there are slightly out of tune bits that need correcting, but that's not the issue;  there are two things in my opinion
    1) It should come in a bit earlier in the track, and
    2) I think that once you introduced the new instrument it should still be there in the mix every now and then.

Of course, others will possibly disagree!

Finally .. You end it so abruptly!  It would have been nice to, perhaps, continue the reverb on the last Bm chord and let it fade naturally.

Again, just my views on what's a really nice track.

#8January 11th, 2006 · 02:15 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Pennywhistle
Yeah, I think that this is probably the worst part of the song, but I really wanted to throw it in for whatever reason.  It really doesn't help that it's made for the key of D/Bm, and I used it in one of the few key changes.  I had to really watch which notes I was hitting so it wouldn't sound very weird.  Also, it came out kinda shakey sounding, which I'm not quite sure why.  Oh well, I did it and that's that.

Thanks for all the nice comments! 

Also: Jiminuk - I think I might try messing around a little bit with the suggestion of keeping the pennywhistle in later on in the song.  I see some good potential in doing that!  Thanks 
#9January 13th, 2006 · 09:42 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Tight guitar work! Very Nice! I think someone else has mentioned the whistle, so my only complaint is I would love to hear some small swipes in the beginning, but it's not a big deal. I'm rating you high because this song is so well played (sounds like you played each guitar in one take) and it's so well constructed. The acoustic rhythm is great. Excellent job and I hope to hear more.
#10January 23rd, 2006 · 12:22 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
I was just chilling out to this piece of music when suddenly the entrance of the electric guitar brought me back to reality and got my full attention again. It has a slight Spanish feel to it in places. The playing is excellent and the production is good (although sometimes the solos on the electric didn't blend so well). All in all a nice track to chill out to!
#11June 13th, 2006 · 12:12 AM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
excellent guitar work, i am melting!!!!!! great intro, nice build, recording is fine for me, maybe a bit brighter on the guitar, not mixed at same level as other guitar track. it's awesome very very nice!!!!!! =)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.