1 2

#1January 10th, 2006 · 04:54 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
AFOTT

This song is not in a battle

A Fraction of the Truth - this is the title track of our last EP...you can find us a www.fivefoundfreedom.com

We would really love some feedback on this tune...hope you enjoy it...remember to vote!!

Also let us know which songs are yours and we will be sure to leave a comment...

FFF x

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 11th, 2006 · 12:14 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Ohh, cool!
Really liked the intro change.
Reminded me of Coldplay or Nickelback. This pretty well constructed... I can imagine you sounding in the radio. This is not exactly my style, but I must say it's good. In the chorus the sound gets too much gained but I'm sure you can solve that. The guitar solo is nice and the vocals, as well.
Keep this up.

>Iszil

PS: Gonna check out your website.
#3January 11th, 2006 · 02:07 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Agree with Iszil, the vocals are very Nickelback! 
A good track, and it sounds pretty professionally recorded.
There is a certain element of the vocals sounding as if their recorded using different equipment to the rest of the instruments in my opinion - I'm not exactly sure what it is, perhaps it's a processing issue.
But this is still excellent, and goes straight into my playlist!
#4January 12th, 2006 · 02:38 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Great song and recording. I would put a bit of verb on the vocals to give it a more lustrous finish, overall-excellent!
#5January 13th, 2006 · 09:32 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I think the vocals are great, maybe Jiminuk is refering to a high end EQ to make the vocals sparkle. But it is definately professional. Nice progression and performance. And once again, I really love the vocals. Nice guitar harmonies at 2:23. The bridge is well constructed. Good luck and I hope to hear this on the radio.
#6January 14th, 2006 · 03:34 PM
2 posts
United Kingdom
Hot stuff This reminds me slightly of my brothers band.... good job lads
#7January 15th, 2006 · 09:27 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
you guys got it going on,placed in the right hands,straight to the charts,video.so far youve impressed me w/the 2 songs ive heard here.
#8January 23rd, 2006 · 11:42 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Just checked - I seem to have downloaded almost all your stuff over time. I really like this one - the production sounds really clean, the levels and EQ sound good to me.

The composition is great and has loads of energy - I like the changes and the heavy guitar sound contrasting with the picking parts.

Great song!
#9January 23rd, 2006 · 01:39 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Denmark
Nice song! I really like the tempo changes.
#10January 23rd, 2006 · 08:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: AFOTT
not my style but what the **** you know what u r doing

well done

i like the fact that the lyrics arent lost in a blur of distorted guitar
recording well thought thru
a well constructed song
more.......................................

in the mp3 mix the power bits do not seem to have any stereo picture after 1:10
i.e. the guitars and drum 'look' or 'sound' ------monochrome----flat.........on the same horizon(mono?) especially towards the end.
perhaps some experimental panning to the mix might help.............particularly with the lead guitar solo...............split the band up in the audio picture?
Also some bass -bottom end - in the eq- for the accompany instruments?
..........the kick in the b**ls is in the mix but not on the audio representation (yet).
I cant hear the bass drum on mp3.....perhaps i'm deaf?

I'm sure your drummer is kicking the s**t out of it:)

vocals are v good?
the fish...................80% from me.

ive listened to your track @ least seven times on the amp as i type this.......
i'm not a recording buff......................but i think i'm on the right line with waking up the guitar and drum trax.

its all in the mix

splash..........i'm gone  

please reply ---- even just 2 tell me 2 f off:)
#11January 24th, 2006 · 07:33 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
Hey swordfish....

thanks a lot for taking the time to comment...its greatly appreciated...

firstly, your not getting the full sound with this mp3 so it does sound a little different in full but we will certainly take your advice on board...as all of these are only best guess mixes really (we are still finding our way with recording) but yeh...your panning suggestion is definatly something to experiment with..

secondly, yeh our drummer is kicking the shit out of it...but all the drums are on an electric kit so are a little bollox.

its cool if its not your think but if you fancy hearing anything else check out our website and mysace....x
#12January 25th, 2006 · 02:41 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Nice job!! Kudos
#13March 14th, 2006 · 10:10 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i am adding you to my fave. artists on this site k?

love
the little paper doll of Bandamp
#14March 14th, 2006 · 11:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
apparently I overlooked this one before...

yes, powerful song, great sounds on instrumentals. bass drum is nicely embedded in the mix, I can clearly feel it thumping - but indeed not everywhere equally well.

when the solo kicks in I'm missing stereo spread on the backing guitars - mix wise, a minor flaw.

also, some minor criticism, although getting better in comparison to your earlier work, the vocals are not to my taste. I like the live sound of them (from that live track you got on here) much better, and I mean MUCH MUCH better.

so yeah, I have rated this song very nicely indeed.
#15May 26th, 2006 · 06:06 PM
8 posts
United States of America
Awesomeness.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 11:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.