1 2

#1January 9th, 2006 · 12:52 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
Casimir Effect

This song is not in a battle

Something I threw together using Logic 7 Pro (salivates) It's a piece called an 'ostinato' which means it has a short melody that repeats throughout the track. Probably the best song I got on here, definately easiest to listen to...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 9th, 2006 · 01:28 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I loved it until the drums came in.

after that, I still enjoyed it, but a little less.

It went better after 2:10, just thought it had a few dubious harmonies in the strings.

2:55 with the distorted guitar it went slightly better again, but the drums were back too, so... not sure if it's the drum pattern or the sounds - I guess a bit of both.

all in all an enjoyable listen, it just started out better than what  it turned out to be - and the drums are to blame.
#3January 9th, 2006 · 01:48 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Very mellow with a slight presence of tenseness. Very nice track. The construction of this song is very well put together, it's all very tight. Nice job.
I can agree with Pup on the drums, though. IMO, they seem to be light (probably due to the cymbal, which is good) but I think the snare is too heavy.
It's built up well, has a nice progression and the release is nice too, I'm glad you didn't fade out.
#4January 9th, 2006 · 05:47 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Nice Work.
Really good song. The problem with the drums to me is 1. that tinny sounding cymbal and 2. The beat is a little too jumpy for an otherwise mellow song. The distorted part is very cool, as well.
#5January 9th, 2006 · 06:33 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Good song indeed! the drums sound strange in the first part, later I enjoyed them, seemed to fit there
#6January 10th, 2006 · 09:04 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Starts out nice and chilled out. The drums start and then I'm in a moment of chaos - it took me a few seconds to get the rhythm tied in to the rest of it - I think that maybe they could relate to the background more. Also they sound slightly thin compared to the rest of the instruments. I think that changing the drums a bit could really make this track.
#7January 10th, 2006 · 09:12 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Starts out nice and chilled out. The drums start and then I'm in a moment of chaos - it took me a few seconds to get the rhythm tied in to the rest of it - I think that maybe they could relate to the background more. Also they sound slightly thin compared to the rest of the instruments. I think that changing the drums a bit could really make this track.
#8January 10th, 2006 · 09:19 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
#9January 10th, 2006 · 09:27 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
#10January 10th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
#11January 10th, 2006 · 12:54 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
nice,I had to listen on a low volume,it sounds fine.I don t got any problems with the drums.. nice music to chill
#12January 10th, 2006 · 01:00 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
nice,I had to listen on a low volume,it sounds fine.I don t got any problems with the drums.. nice music to chill
#13January 10th, 2006 · 01:06 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
#14January 11th, 2006 · 02:21 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Drums are the bane of my life - I think you do pretty well with them. 

That being said, the rhythm is pretty weird though, and doesn't quite seem to match the nice flow of the rest of the music, certainly not when they come in initially.  However, by 2:56 you've built the track up enough for the drums to fit in ok.

Without any drums at all, this would be a nice track to meditate to (if I meditated!!!)
#15January 12th, 2006 · 07:57 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Very atmos, didn't mind the drums ,of course there are so many different types of drum ,maybe more ethnicy ,but on the whole not a bad piece.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.