1 2

#1January 7th, 2006 · 09:27 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Tomorrow from Yesterday

This song is not in a battle

A rather simplistic melody (sorry!), that was fun to play and mix.  Tell me what you think.  Thanx.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 7th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hehe!  You've "dirtied" the guitar lead up a bit, so it gets a positive vote from me! 

I'm really not at all sure about the intro, which is so completely different from the rest of the song, that it could be a different track altogether - I think it should go!

Once again, you've managed a really professional sounding (if not over-inspiring) song.  You say that it's simplistic, and yes it is - but you make it interesting with the sounds of the other instruments.

I like it.  Well done
#3January 7th, 2006 · 12:12 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
trumpet!   a perfect addition to this song. It's perfect.

yeah. it's perfect.
#4January 7th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
1. The piano is already mixed in and was intended to be different; 2) the "trumpet" is keyboards with a real saxophone on top.  Thank you both, gentlemen, for your suggestion and kind words.  Regards.
#5January 7th, 2006 · 05:25 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
That's not trumpet???? Is it supposed to sound like a trumpet??
Because, yes, with careful listening  I can identify it as sounding kind of like a sax, but....
You definitely fooled me. Do you mean  it's a trumpet synth being played with a sax over it or just a normal piano sound with sax? Either way the reording job on this one is really good.
#6January 7th, 2006 · 05:35 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Oldies324 wrote…
That's not trumpet???? Is it supposed to sound like a trumpet??
Because, yes, with careful listening  I can identify it as sounding kind of like a sax, but....
You definitely fooled me. Do you mean  it's a trumpet synth being played with a sax over it or just a normal piano sound with sax? Either way the reording job on this one is really good.
Yes, it's synth horns (I do not recall if the setting said "trumpet" or smthng else--we just liked the "meaty" sound) with live sax laid on top (at a later session).
#7January 7th, 2006 · 07:43 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
I love that sax-keyboard-trumpetty sound! Really professional recording.
#8January 8th, 2006 · 09:36 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow that's pretty resourceful. interesting idea to blend real acoustics with what would probably have been pretty flakey fake brass.

hey, pretty enjoyable tune. nice lyrics. nice lead guitar tone too, though the distorted chords are less to my ear's liking. then that's the only thing I can say something about, and that isn't even close to really bothersome actually.

I like this song, it makes me feel
#9February 4th, 2006 · 02:32 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Great work....   

I like this quite alot.....   very different....  good production....

Very professional sound....
                         JimK
#10February 11th, 2006 · 04:16 PM
2 posts
Turkey
nice and original... i like it 
#11February 11th, 2006 · 06:52 PM
hum.. not my genre but it's great, i like it 
#12February 12th, 2006 · 05:27 AM
15 posts
Sweden
Original... and good. I thought it was a trumpet too... And I like it.
#13February 12th, 2006 · 06:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Tomorrow from Yesterday
I LOVE THIS.............    

PURE POP

Thank God 

Love the ideas.........with a real horn section your soul will be saved.

contact me

splash
#14February 12th, 2006 · 07:28 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
72 posts
United States of America
The line that the piano plays (and is repeated throughout the song by various instruments) reminds me of a (original) song that I once performed in a band.  Strangely enough, we had a trumpet player...  The resemblance is not quite "uncanny," but it was enough to make me listen to the intro about 12 times.

If I can find a half-way decent recording of it, I'll post it. 

lol - Of course, I can't really say anything bad now, because it would kind of be a dig at myself too, right? 

I can't believe the synth is a synth.  It sounds more like a trumpet than most of the recordings I've tried to make of trumpets.  And I've tried a lot.

Good growling distortion for the guitar.  Me like.
#15February 17th, 2006 · 01:07 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Love those trumpets! Tell me what you used for them!
What can I say I haven't in your others songs. Still feeling the same when I listen any of your songs; wanna run over hills full of yellow flowers taking the hand of a beautiful girls, both dressed with hippie clothes and and a soft breeze hitting our faces.
The quality is as good as in all your songs... do you record in studio?
Those guitar solos are really good and the intro piano sounds good as well.
I liked this a lot.

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.