#1January 7th, 2006 · 07:38 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
Holding on to Hope 2

This song is not in a battle

Ok I have now properly recorded Holding on to Hope with drums and bass and a real piano this time . Hopefully my singing has 'more balls' as well.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 7th, 2006 · 09:39 AM
5 posts
United Kingdom
like the feel of the song, sorta beatles!!
not really my thing, but good at what you do!
see ur point about the singing, it is more powerful
am i write in saying the piano slips out in one place??! jus happened to notice

neway great song keep doin wot u do
#3January 7th, 2006 · 09:57 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not a bad song at all - the vocals remind me of a band called Caravan (mid 70s, English band); actually the whole thing has a bit of an old 70's feel to it.

I like the piano, and yes you've beefed it up a fair amount - the drums and bass really do make a difference.  How about a guitar in there somewhere, just playing a few lead licks every now and then (and maybe giving a bit of background "graunch" to the overall sound)

There's still a few issues over the recording quality - It sounds "roomy".  I don't really know how to explain what I mean, except that I can almost see a space between the mike and piano!  Well, I know what I mean.

Anyhow, this is a good song - I think you have masses of potential.  Keep it up. 
#4January 7th, 2006 · 12:22 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
This is quite improved from the original.  i like the 'space' with the piano.
but, there seems to be space between your lips and the mic as well, which i don't like so much.

Also, I can barely hear the bass   and it doesn't seem to be there a whole lot of the time.

Great song regardless.

Oh yeah, at about 4:20, i love the glissando and then the reswt of the piano part. awesome.
#5January 7th, 2006 · 02:47 PM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys .

i know what you mean about the roomy feel of it. It sounds ok on my computer speakers, but when I played it through headphones it sounded how you described it. There could be too much reverb, or maybe to do with the fact I compressed and eq-ed it before adding reverb.

The bass is deliberately not very prominent, as it is just the bass from my keyboard, and doesn't sound great. I included it more to add a bit more 'oomph' to the song than to be a great part in its own right.

The piano may well have slipped a bit. I wanted to be able to do it in a single take if possible so as it went pretty well with only the most minor of slipups i left it as it is.
#6January 12th, 2006 · 02:44 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
This is a great positive song. I like it. Technically, vocals need work but this song is great with your vocal style; great songwriting and your paino skills rock!
#7June 25th, 2006 · 07:28 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
Now,your vocals on this song are really good.. you stay within yourself... good....
in My opinon...it does have a beatle sound...thats a good thing...
you play the piano well,also....very nice lyrics

Ralph
#8June 25th, 2006 · 05:27 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
South Africa
Nice song
Well done keep creating. Nice tune.
#9October 13th, 2012 · 02:45 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
very nice.
i have to agree with the others here. you seem to be heavily influenced by the beatles. great work man.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.