#1January 6th, 2006 · 08:02 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Metro (Closed For Good)

This song is not in a battle

Tell me if I'm "abusing" bandAMP (i.e. too many songs at once).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 6th, 2006 · 08:14 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
abuse? not sure. why? is it a cover? if so, yes, no covers allowed (usually)
or: you didn't even record this tune? if so, yes, definately qualifies as abuse.
or in any way not holding the copyrights to this song.... probably a bad idea to upload it here.

HOWEVER for the tune itself, which I'm sure is atleast your own recording (having listened to some of your other work)

yea, nice rock tune. not too original a genre, but that harmonica solo's great, and everything about it is great.

I have no clue what this song is about though. so, care to elaborate?
#3January 6th, 2006 · 08:29 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
By "abusing" I only meant too many songs posted in a short period of time. 

Otherwise "Metro" is totally original: our own composition, our own copyright and recording.  "Metro" is short for "metropolitain" (ie subway).  It is a love song, of course, which says that they closed metro for good, so there is no place to daydream or to see sweet faces while riding underground, etc.  Thanks for listening.
#4June 6th, 2006 · 10:31 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
mmm nice.

yeh, so it's not so original.

it's put together great. mix good. production good.

harmonica solo... cool.

I like the tone on the guitars.

opening was really nice.

good work.
#5June 6th, 2006 · 12:14 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Yeah, the harmonica really kicks! 

Agree with everyone about the orginality...but I mean...what hasn't been done?

I like the feel and movement of this song.  The vox could use a bit of work...especially with the harmonies and their timing.  The production quality sounds very good.

Being all non-Italian speaking...I would really like to hear the lyrics in english, or at least for you to post them in English.  Keep up the good work!
#6June 16th, 2006 · 06:26 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
spoon wrote…
Yeah, the harmonica really kicks! 

Agree with everyone about the orginality...but I mean...what hasn't been done?

I like the feel and movement of this song.  The vox could use a bit of work...especially with the harmonies and their timing.  The production quality sounds very good.

Being all non-Italian speaking...I would really like to hear the lyrics in english, or at least for you to post them in English.  Keep up the good work!
Actually it's Russian and it's just a love song.  Some of our other songs are in English--check them out.  Regards.
#7June 16th, 2006 · 06:55 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Metro (Closed For Good)
How did I miss this first time around????????
Sorry Bratello

I love the feel u get into your songs everytime...................
Lyrics lost on me but great recording quality............studio or home?
Or even live????

Puts some yanks to shame with that super played harp

Thank you for another great song

This guy is in the groove
hope this makes ya smile

I dont know how but he seems to get the groove and stay in time!!!!

gif thanks to
http://www.heathersanimations.com/dance1/eros327.gif

the fish
#8June 17th, 2006 · 01:09 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
metro
good groove, good song, like the harmonica solo, not my idea of a real good drum sound, but that's just me. I don't understand the words, but that's just because I'm a dumbass and don't know alot of other languages. recording is pretty crisp and clean gets a high vote from me.
#9June 18th, 2006 · 12:01 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
1) Thank you all for your kind words; 2) this song is one of our first experiences in a (semi professional) NYC studio; 3) the harp solo is actually by a "yank", our recording engineer, a New York white boy who plays a mean blues guitar with Dana Fuks Band (Google it); 4) we believe the re-mixed version posted on the Amp on March 10, 2006 is a better one--see for yourself.  Regards.  P.S. Your homeboy really grooves, fish.
#10June 18th, 2006 · 01:06 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
cool harp solo....

the music is pretty good like all your other stuff. think the russian lyrics doesnt fit. well played, performed and recorded.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.