#1January 5th, 2006 · 09:10 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
The Forest

This song is not in a battle

B side.  Sung in Russian if you ever wonder (Italy is a "flag of convenience").  An honest opinion is welcome and appreciated.  Thanks.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 5th, 2006 · 09:15 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
you know, the cool thing about this is that it sounds fairly devoid of Western influence, which is frankly fairly refreshing. it's got an anthemic folky thing going on, and I like it. It's still going through my head, which is a good sign. the language is lovely too.
#3January 5th, 2006 · 09:21 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Thanks a lot, btbowen.  As they say on Amazon.com: "If you liked the Forest, you may like Smiling or in Tears...".  (even though sung in "English as a Secong Language" it may sound less "refreshing" if not outright naive).  More songs in Russian to come anyway.
#4January 7th, 2006 · 06:50 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Beautiful. Suggestions? I can't think of anything I would change. Oh, no scratch that. A less abrupt ending would fit better. Maybe end it on a G (im partly guessing here) and let it resound some more, if you understand what I mean. Like, more sustain.
#5January 14th, 2006 · 01:52 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
Tune
Very cool, I agree it would sound wrong in english. Its a very interesting tune with good playing.
#6January 14th, 2006 · 01:58 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
United States of America
This is fantastic, which is a lot for me because I personally cannot stand the sound of electronic piano, and I love this.  I'm singing it in my head, inasmuch as I can when I don't know any Russian but hello.

This is completely unpretentious, good folk.  You just made a fan.
#7January 14th, 2006 · 06:03 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Oldies324 wrote…
Beautiful. Suggestions? I can't think of anything I would change. Oh, no scratch that. A less abrupt ending would fit better. Maybe end it on a G (im partly guessing here) and let it resound some more, if you understand what I mean. Like, more sustain.
The only reason the ending is so abrupt is that this song gets into the next one (to be posted later) without any "pause" (sorry, I forgot the technical term), but I could not post 2 songs at once.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.