#1January 5th, 2006 · 11:57 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Chile
Pascua Lama

This song is not in a battle

This is a song I just recorded with my band "Charlie Da Silva"

For those who cant understand Spanish, the song is about a mining project that will poison drinkable water sources for several native communities here in Chile.

We want to use our music to rise our voice against international corporations responsible of the destruction of our environment.

I look forward for your opinion.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 5th, 2006 · 01:12 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I really don't like the intro to this track, especially the falsetto vocals at the start.  When it gets going "for real" at 0:58 it totally rocks! 

I'm not sure about the two voices between 3:11 and 3:37- they sound muddled and are way too near the front of the mix, for my liking.  I think I get what you're trying to do with the end vocals, but don't think that quite works with two voices either.  Maybe just try it with one.

The recording is raw, with a live and dynamic feel to it, but the balance is pretty good.

Although I've knocked this in a couple of areas, I still think the overall song is pretty good.  So keep it up!
#3January 5th, 2006 · 01:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
This is a great rock song!

I can clearly imagine how a studio production of this would sound - it will kick ass big time. It is therefore that I do understand the intro, though I do think that it needs some rework.

Also, the way it is now, raw and all, works well aswell. Like Jiminuk says, the balance is pretty good.

I think the double vocals are okay, albeit a bit too much to the front and sharp on the ears (painful frequencies, listening through headphones).

Yea, interesting, definately! Let's hear some more of you guys!
#4January 5th, 2006 · 03:23 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Chile
Well have to work on that
#5January 5th, 2006 · 03:24 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Chile
Further info in our blog: www.charliedasilva.blogspot.com
#6January 21st, 2006 · 05:04 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
Can't understand Spanish
But i like the tune really good even as a RAW recording,a studio production will make it that much better.

Southernstyle-----------like the way you rock!
#7January 25th, 2006 · 10:18 AM
3 posts
United States of America
agree and disagree....

I agree with jiminuk about the falsetto at the start.  It's a little grating on the ears for me and might make people want to stop listening too early.

I think the two voices later on convey emotion that is important to your song and its message.  It does sound raw, but I like that.

I dig music that has a purpose and message behind it.  What better way to protest something that with a song about it?  Too often we write songs about a girl or a bad day or something that matters to us, but in the grand scheme of things is miniscule but for the common thread of human feelings to which the listener can relate.  I want to hear lyrics that make me want to change the world or myself.
#8January 25th, 2006 · 02:51 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Bad intro, the rest is good
#9February 13th, 2006 · 02:35 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Igual esta piola su cancion... no se...no es mi estilo, pero igual la lleba. Tiene sus buenos arreglos vocales. Algo de Chancho en Piedra q es bueno... la calidad igual deja que desear, pero eso nos pasa a todos.
Arto freak las letras...
Sigan posteando, porque soy el unico chileno activo aca en BandAMP.

> Iszil
#10February 13th, 2006 · 02:37 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Oye, me gustaron esas voces freaks del minuto 3.10 en adelante. Es como una parodia de un profe o algo explicando a sus alumnos? also asi como un presidente al pueblo?

> Iszil
#11March 3rd, 2006 · 05:09 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
Germany
at first i thought this falsetto-intro is crap but i actually like it more than the rest of this rock thing- its well balanced and the drums really fit in with the guitar part
#12March 3rd, 2006 · 09:48 AM
17 threads / 16 songs
148 posts
United States of America
Hey man this track has the energy a real rock song needs. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the disco Hi hat on the verse. It sounds like the band gets much looser there - I think the tempo is too quick to play the beat perfectly tight. Otherwise this sucker rocks. It's screaming for a more involved solo.
#13May 21st, 2006 · 04:22 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
22 posts
Chile
esta piola, no es mala pero no me gustaron mucho las voces (en especial los falsetes) ni la bateria en algunas partes.
dense una vuelta por OvO AlergY pa q opinen.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.