This song is not in a battle

pretty rockin little driving song    about  desire

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 5th, 2006 · 06:30 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
pretty cool little song

really very enjoyable style - great bass line... don't really like the guitar effects though, very digital sounding distortion without amp sim. *zoom?

but I think you eq'd the drums well, bass drum comes through really well. naturally you should've tried doing the drums in stereo though. *sr16?

also, the vocals could've been tighter. seems you could use some warm up before you start singing, you were slightly off tune in the beginning, but toward the ending, you sound much better. nice harmony too.

anyway, I really like this song - 80's rock, mainly hearing billy idol and iggy pop in this.

so what equipment do you use?
#3January 5th, 2006 · 01:03 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I think Puppet's right about the Billy Idol/Iggy Pop sound to the vocals, which, I think, could go really well with the song.  However, IMO I think that the vocals sound as if they were recorded completely differently to the rest of the track; almost as if you took your time with the instrument sounds, but lost interest when it came to your voice.

That aside, I like this song - I think it's constructed really well and (apart from the vocals) is a pretty decent recording.  I'd love to hear it with the voice re-recorded.
#4January 6th, 2006 · 12:19 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
cool bass line,heard this again today,really grew on me.(edited prev.post)keep rockin
#5January 8th, 2006 · 11:10 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
came back to listen again,worth a vote gave 80
#6January 10th, 2006 · 07:41 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Vocal warm ups,more confident ,you know start on the right foot.
Desire translates nice stuff.
#7January 11th, 2006 · 01:38 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
The singer seems to be holding back...

everyone has commented on ways to fix that...

good song...

made me think of 80's rock (Billy Idol) immediately
#8May 16th, 2006 · 07:20 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
very good.

I like the sound of those clean guitars.. though, like puppet, I'm not really diggin the distortion..

Also, the vocals sound a bit weak during the verses.. the chorus sounds great though!

good work.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.