#1January 4th, 2006 · 02:27 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
United States of America
depression

This song is not in a battle

this song speaks for itself     and by the way the brass at the end is supposed to feel uncomfortably out of place   like a desparate cry for help im glad people noticed

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 4th, 2006 · 04:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
sounds... depressed... but very, very nice!

enjoyable, those heavy vocal effects. guitar effects seem okay too, except for the lead! It sounds just a little too clean, and needs some speaker simulation bad - plus better tuning -

I also like the keys, well done - it's kinda hard to find anyone doing something sensible with keyboard brass sounds. I think you did it well (though the performance could have been tighter, you missed a few notes)
maybe you should try a better stereo spread in the keyboard parts aswell?

beautiful song. well done! looking forward to more of your work.

ps. I have a tune on here called Dark Room - seems the situation / subject of the lyrics is somewhat similar, except from a tad different point of view
#3January 4th, 2006 · 01:02 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Nice song, good progression. The mix is pretty decent. I did hear some blips that usually pop up out of nowhere when you convert it to mp3, not much you can do about that.
Not liking the over-processsed vocals (that's just my taste), but sounds like you have a good voice and know how to use it.
Overall the guitars are good, though, IMO later in the song the acoustic needs to be eq-ed differently bc you're playing it differently, but it's not bad by any means. I look forward to hearing more from you.
And, please...put down the gun
#4January 4th, 2006 · 02:19 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
As I write, I've heard just over two minutes of this song.  I like it, although I wouldn't want to feel bad and be too close to something sharp when listening to it..... I guess you managed to capture the depressed mood, eh!

The clean acoustic is nice, and I love the overall mix of instruments chosen.  Although I really am not too sure about the keyboard brass sound.  No, I don't like that sound in there - IMO it doesn't quite fit in with the rest; but the melody (!) it plays goes well.

All in all, a good song.  I'd like to hear more.
#5January 5th, 2006 · 05:06 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
United States of America
thank you all
thgank you all for ur comments they mean a lot
#6January 16th, 2006 · 08:20 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Iraq
Depression
I am here in Iraq listening to as much music as I can D/L.  I liked the guitar in the beginning, it sounds like an effect I have on my Korg called Acoustic.  It has some Chorus and I think a little reverb/echo in it.  A couple of times during the song I thought there should have been some drums or percussion. I did like the song though.
I am new to this site and have really enjoyed reading the posts and the advise people have been giving.  It is hard for me to down load songs at times because it is so slow here. Keep up the good work and I will be back to hear more when I get back on line.

Joe Baes
USMC
#7January 16th, 2006 · 09:49 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
52 posts
Germany
well balanced
Professional analog sounding guitar-piece with excellent basswork and male singer. Wenn the percs pop in they fit and add to this outstanding independent music works.
Nice tempo-breaks & pads, a very good piece.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:44 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.