1 2

#1January 3rd, 2006 · 09:16 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Burning2Rebel

This song is not in a battle

I guess this is my view of punk music.

It's an instrumental remake of a song I created waaay back in '95..... It used to contain an agitated ranting against the mind numbing drag of dayjob life but over all these years my mind has grown too numb to pump out a new set of lyrics to once more touch that authentic intention - so I kept my mouth shut, and my brain focused on the instrumental parts.

I hope you can enjoy it somehow, someway... Just figure yourself in a punk club, ready to put the thrash out the mosh pit... and this comes along...

ps. another version can be found HERE

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 3rd, 2006 · 11:28 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude,
  this is still pretty ragin.... I would love to hear the earlier version.... love the freaky guitar are you actually playing the guitar in this or is it synth? some parts it sounds like it could be synth, but then other parts could be real... hard to tell.... WHat is the funky sound that sounds like cymbals mic'ed through a wah pedal? that is killer....
     anyway.... I like it....
                  JimK
#3January 4th, 2006 · 04:32 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
thanks,

this is all mostly genuine guitar violence - there are a few synth parts though, towards the end there is this wild panning sound to spice things up a little, and ofcourse the low-end synth kicking in at 2:47, and the L/R ting ting ting ting taking over from the guitar...

I put in those freaky "junk percussion" sounds because I thought they'd work well the rattle of my acoustic bass.

the original version? I'll see about that... maybe an interesting idea. Have to look it up first
#4January 4th, 2006 · 01:09 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Tight guitar work, though a bit repetitive. But that is punk thrash and you've done an excellent job. The mix is really good. I love the percussion, those are interesting cymbals. This is pretty tight. Nice backwards work at 5 minutes. You get extra points for creativity.
#5January 4th, 2006 · 01:58 PM
96 posts
United States of America
great work - i love the leads and the grudging industrial sound - i could hear some lyricvs here - have a few ideas ( i promise if i collaberate, i won't let untuned singing go unfixed )
i love the repetivness - reminds me of a track on the nine inch nails album - fixed ( track three )
i love the ending!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep up the hellraising!
#6January 4th, 2006 · 03:13 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Very cool, reminds me of primal scream.
#7January 4th, 2006 · 03:14 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
CreativeControl wrote…
Tight guitar work, though a bit repetitive. But that is punk thrash and you've done an excellent job. The mix is really good. I love the percussion, those are interesting cymbals. This is pretty tight. Nice backwards work at 5 minutes. You get extra points for creativity.
Thanks! thanks for the extra points! mucho appreciated

Mage11 wrote…
great work - i love the leads and the grudging industrial sound - i could hear some lyricvs here - have a few ideas ( i promise if i collaberate, i won't let untuned singing go unfixed )
i love the repetivness - reminds me of a track on the nine inch nails album - fixed ( track three )
i love the ending!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep up the hellraising!
Thanks!

well the original '95 version already had lyrics to it, I guess I'm going to have to put it up, just for comparison. btw there's another (early 2005) remake available here: go!

repetitive, yes it is - monotonous and agressive. That is, naturally, intentional. I'm glad you guys like it, that was actually one concern of mine.

... and collaborating seems an option, just tell me what direction you're thinking, and if you have a battle plan in mind

Shagmelon wrote…
Very cool, reminds me of primal scream.
Thanks, indeed I've heard that name Primal Scream before, but never got into it. don't have a clue what they sound like, I'm sure I must have heard their work but just didn't know...

thanks anyway, I appreciate any comments!

and to any innocent passers-by:

this song is in the january battle, so don't forget to leave a rating to the song, even if you feel you have nothing to say, or it isn't a style to your liking, then maybe judge according to these rules: shameless plug... go!

thanks all, keep rockin'!
#8January 4th, 2006 · 09:25 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
Sound like the breathing of man and his heartbeats during he's in rage... hehe
So this is definitely a bang your head and pogo song.  Has a weird industrial sound. 
and I feel that there are very strong feelings behind this song, coz it's awesome again.
Wish I had your talent to create such dark atmospheres... Sorry If i repeat myself but that's what I think every time I listen to your work.
#9January 5th, 2006 · 06:55 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice dark, industrial sound. I know you probably don't want to hear it again but a vocal line would definitely add depth. I feel also that I'd like to hear it break down somewhere, maybe at about 2 1/2 minutes, almost like the protaganist of the song catching his breath, and then explode back in with the guitar solo at 3 mins. This is perhaps against what you wanted from the song but I feel that the driving drums and repetitive underlying guitar riff build a kind of anxiety that is never satisfied.

Overall, a very nice sound and a good piece of music. I just think that perhaps it deserves a little extra something.  I'd like to hear the original for sure.

Just listened to it again and I'm thinking that, instead of a vocal line, perhaps a small array of vocal samples in parts might help.

Good work anyway. Nice one.
#10January 5th, 2006 · 10:42 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Chile
Industrial Punk
Freaking great man!
I loved that guitar. It sounds like a bomb about to explode.
Very industrial but I missed a few vocals to give more depth.

Keep up with your wonderfull job.
#11January 5th, 2006 · 12:48 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is great work Puppet - albeit on the monotonous side! 

I listened to your original, and the vocal line in that adds to the total ambiance of the track really well.  Pity you didn't feel like putting them on this one too. 

I've now also listened to your "New Rebellion" (Totem Spectre) version.  Wow!  That's some serious feeling you put into it.   Pumping, trance-like bass; truly wicked manic vocals; and a demonic guitar style.  All wrapped up in a pro-quality recording.  That's some stunning work, and it kind of leaves this posted version in the cold!
#12January 5th, 2006 · 06:57 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
i do miss your vocals, but a good sound&beat it is! I like the soloing too!
Song is  a bit long maybe?

#13January 5th, 2006 · 07:16 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United States of America
al i have to say is fuck yeah to the weird effects it kinda comes of trippy but idk man i liked it
#14January 6th, 2006 · 05:03 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, I surely find a lot of comments very useful.

must say that indeed the song is pretty long, not cut down to radio size, but I'm not quite sure not many radio stations would be willing to play it anyway

and once you're in the mosh pit, a good groove can't last long enough! (I hope that this song would indeed qualify as a good groove.... )

weird effects... trippy.... yep, seems I managed that one well alright.

a little too cleanly done, as jester says, however... WOW! actually I was afraid that I might had been going too raw and unpolished on this one, but thanks for your comments!

thanks all thusfar, I really appreciate it, and plz don't forget to leave a rating to this song, it's in the january battle...
#15January 6th, 2006 · 08:36 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
The song sounds great, the sound of the instruments... the recording... the solo's, all really good but it is definitely missing the lyrics, it makes the repitition really stand out, but once there's vocals... i mean you know it gets a lot better, this song needs vocals.

Well played though, i know i know... theres the other version with lyrics and vocals so it's good you put a link to that so EVERYONE knows, anyway, i would like to hear a nice new version of this song with lyrics that would be cool
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 10:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.