#1December 28th, 2005 · 11:11 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
Summertime

This song is not in a battle

this is my latest creation. the last of 2005 unless i write one in the next ... 3 days
i like to think its about being a bird and knowing the sky and the clouds like they're relitives. . .
there are a few things im not sure about this song like the guitar break, not sure if its overwhelming or not. and the midi drums ... think they sound alright...
anyway hope you like it, apprechiate comments.

- Tess

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 28th, 2005 · 11:39 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
It always takes me some time to get into your songs... like 30 seconds or so.

I love that piano intro, but after that you hit piano chords for the first verse, and that seems a little simplistically done - in one area of the keyboard, how can I put it, it would do more for me if you had spread the chords over the keyboard more.

The midi drums are... midi drums - but man how hard are those to get right.

from 1:42 and on, the production goes professional quality. Those dual guitar solos are great. I'd love to know how you record your guitars btw?

As for the composition - is ok. Guitar break? nothing I thought was out of place...

great job!
#3December 28th, 2005 · 11:43 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Nice song!
You are a really great composer... must recognize I am fan of yours.
The melodic progression of the song is great. Loved the chorus!
100% from me... though the drums were a bit weak... Recommend you to use Acoustica Beatcraft to make drums... My last song was made with that, if you wanna try how it sounds.
But anyway, the song itself was really good... You will be famous, I sure of it.

> Iszil

PS: Still being my favorite your song Run... lol.
#4December 28th, 2005 · 12:20 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I thought the guitar break was nice. I like the vocal backing, it's nice and chorusy (choir-like).
Piano sounds nice, too. I'd have to say maybe adding some variation in notes played on the keyboard would be a nice touch.
The vocals are great and piano and guitars. Drums aren't bad either: I'd like to hear more of them in the mix, IMO. Overall great sound. I really like the song. 
#5December 28th, 2005 · 02:30 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
oooh, I would left so many comments to this song.
There is soo much you should change. The idea is great, piano and guitar sounds are wonderful, drums are weak. they need a lot of work. Beginning is cool but then the first verse is overloaded with too much lyrics. You are big talented and its the first time that your vocals are not standing in the front too much. I really like your songs even this one. But again it needs a lot of pro work.
#6December 28th, 2005 · 02:48 PM
96 posts
United States of America
i can't think of one thing wrong with this track
infact - i woiuld love to BUY an album - please pm or im me with a direction to get the album. you f'ing rock and if i had anything to do with any A&R dept. anywhere i would have sighned you days ago. you have a awsome group ( this isn't just one person right? )

the melody is so easy going and the lyrics are absolutly poerfect as with the vocals singing them
this an amazing track and exactly why i stay here on bandamp
i would have to say it could be longer - i really like this song so mayby its just my inner will to have the song be longer, but i am sure you could do something, mayby you could come back to the intro piano also as in 1:16 and take that into a progression and cresendo with lyrics followed by the another lead with a counterpoint - another key.
but nvertheless you got 100% from me!
keep up the great great great work!!!!!!!!!!

-Dave
p.s. i am enviess of your talent!
#7December 30th, 2005 · 07:34 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Another great song - although not my favorite of yours.

My only criticism is that IMO it sounds a bit "crowded" at times.  I love the sound of the dual guitars, and you have a really good voice.

It's one for my play-list, and another one of yours downloaded.

Don't stop writing!!!

Jim
#8January 2nd, 2006 · 03:42 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
23 posts
Netherlands
crowded
yeah maybe its to crowded theres no space anymore, but although; great song good self expression
#9May 23rd, 2006 · 03:38 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
I haven't words to say.See #6...
#10May 23rd, 2006 · 05:14 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Another great song
I love your music, love the guitar sounds, very clean, like the verb setting on the vox.
excellent harmonies, love the guitar solos, just need to get a drummer to lay down some
drum trax (imo). Like the use of the stereo field locations especially on the chorus right before the guitar solo.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.