#1December 23rd, 2005 · 10:35 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Canada
Going Nowhere Fast

This song is not in a battle

Just to let you all know... my uncle is the one playing guitars and our friend Keith is vocals.... they both lack the initiative to get there stuff out there and heard so I took it upon myself to arrange some things....., now that I have the profile set up I'm hoping he will come on here with his own comments and musical background.  He is an awesome guitarist.... but like most doesn't give himself enough credit!  I hope you all enjoy this... let me know so I can tell him what you all think!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 23rd, 2005 · 05:01 PM
wow!
guitar= awesome!
but vocals need to be a little clearer at the beginning cos that nearly made me stop playing the song...
#3December 23rd, 2005 · 06:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
there's some definate mixing issues. Main rhythm guitar too up in the mix, drums too low... solo too much to the left.

vocals are decent. a lot of verb on them, but in comparison to the rest, they sound great...

sorry to be harsh, but I have to be. it seems as though the song wants to be in my alley, but I have a wooden fence raised around it. Not too hard to break, but not too easy too.

Good luck.

EDIT: wow, that was a weird post I wrote! ... I don't really get the wooden fence imagery all of a sudden... Oh Well - the mixing issues are apparent. But with that said, this song is pretty interesting!
#4December 24th, 2005 · 12:52 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Yes, tight guitar work! Ehh... mixing comes with time and RTFP (reading the fine posts) And the vocal is nice in and of itself, I don't believe it should have so much delay in it. Some delay isn't bad, but it's a little overdone for my taste. Anyway, sounds like a cool rock song. Too bad the guitar solo in the end is drowned out. Sounds like a tight riff. I look forward to hearing more.
#5December 30th, 2005 · 08:36 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Great rock!

Reminds me so much of buzzcocks, Without meeting any of you's, i say that atleast one of the people playing this song is influenced by the buzzcocks, reminds me so much of it...

Mixing could be done a lot better but I won't get into that much, i like it how the guitars are in the "front" and the vocals are in the background with a lot of effect, works well with these raw dirty guitar rock songs

During the 3rd minute it gets a fair bit repetitive, and it takes too long to get to a louder and built up part, you can't afford these kind of things in a 7min song unless you want to make people say it's "too long" because you are making me say it.

It's too long in my opinion, but i still like it! it's mad, but it's not perfect
#6January 1st, 2006 · 10:15 AM
5 posts
United States of America
to much
#7January 3rd, 2006 · 07:48 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Decent song... the guitar is great, the vocals seem to be ok, but the mix is not so good... I have had my issues with mixing as well... lol... anyway, I would like to hear this mixed a bit better....
         JimK
#8January 4th, 2006 · 02:17 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
United States of America
great idea but never really goes any where  it seems like guitar wanking just for the sake of wanking    oh and u r NOT primus but you DO suck if that helps any
#9January 21st, 2006 · 04:06 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Iraq
Bass Guitar
I listened to this a couple of times. The first thing I noticed was the lack of bass. Is there a bass in there somewhere and I just can't hear it?  I love the guitar, great work on the guitar and breaks. 
On the 7 min. song thing; I agree with Jim. If you are going to have a 7 min. song, make some changes throughout the song, different times, volume etc. 
I like guitar wanking!! and I like fun, no need for the suck comment.
I am glad you put it out here for us to listen to.
#10October 29th, 2006 · 01:04 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
30 posts
Angola
WAU!
Nice vocals too
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.