#1December 18th, 2005 · 01:29 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
17 posts
United Kingdom
same old equal

This song is not in a battle

studio recorded song from our EP 'CYRA' hope u all enjoy!!!!!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2005 · 05:42 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
That's a cool guitar rift. Has some bad moments and some good moments. Um, can't really pin point, it's just a bit inconsistant in my opinion. Obviously the recording quality is preety good. I'm finding dificult to get the right words so I'll probably post again at a later date.
All in all though, good song.
#3December 19th, 2005 · 12:24 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Don't like:
    The sound of the crash cymbals in the mix
    The slight mis-matched timings (to my ear) throughout the track

DO LIKE:
    The guitar riff
    The general energy of the whole track (fabulous)
    The overall sound blend of background power-chords, bass, and lead
    The vocal line (ok, so it's a bit "wobbly" in places, but that's fine!)

Overall, as Moses says, I think there are a few inconsistencies but in all I think this is good song.
#4December 19th, 2005 · 06:32 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
great guitar work
great guitar work, but little lite low bass drive. over all cool song
#5December 20th, 2005 · 12:06 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
That's it. The drums and Bass are too simple. It doesn't fit with guitar rifts and vocals. They are quite active and the drums and bass just sound like add ons. for the most part they just seem to tag along with the guitar, it should be the other way round.
...imo
#6December 22nd, 2005 · 12:13 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I don't think the drums are simple. The snare is a little dry. And they need to be tightened up as far as playing, and the cymbals need to be brought down in the mix. Or the guitars, bass, and vocals need to be brought forward. But it's not a bad sound. Tight guitar playing. Like I said, it would be awesome to have it brought out more. Vox isn't bad either, IMO a little production, like compression and reverb would help out. And did I say tight guitar work?
#7December 23rd, 2005 · 02:00 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
i really like this song, really good guitar, really good recording, overall structured very well and quite catchy aswell.
To me it seems that the vocals don't fit in with what the band is playing, im sorry i dont know how to explain why because i have absolutely no idea about singing and how it works and stuff.
The singer is good, the lyrics are good just i guess the way he sings it isnt "with" the rest of the song anyway really really good song
#8January 3rd, 2006 · 08:01 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I think this was mixed by a drummer, because they are definitely too much in front... otherwise, the song is fantastic... the slight mis-matched timings that jiminuk mentioned I don't really hear myself... I think it is pretty tight there, the double bass on the drums is definitely causing some distortion in the way it comes across though, which may be what is throwing him off timing wise, if you bring the drums down a notch, and bring the guitars up.. I think you will find it meshes better.... anyway, that's my 2.6 cents worth....
                    JimK
#9January 7th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
5 posts
United Kingdom
i really like this song, i think it overall works really well together

the drums are a bit off in some places, but overall very tight
i like the reverb on the singing! sounds great

the lead guitar bit is great, and the bass sounds great and all 
#10March 14th, 2006 · 10:32 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
I LOVE the vocals in this song! you get 100% in this one! it goes on my play list! weee! good job, your vocals don't hurt my ears any more! keep this up, what ever your doing, it works!

every ones favorite little paper doll
-me
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 3:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.