#1December 18th, 2005 · 11:27 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Recovered

This song is not in a battle

This is my first time singing, or speaking maybe it is. I wrote the guitar part over the last week and bought a mic yesterday and recorded this last night.  It may sound sad but it does contain some happiness I think.

Lyrics

Pain pain
Go away
don't come back another day

Over there's okay

Pain pain
make your peace
go away
I beg you please

One more kiss
then I'm released

Free
Freed

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2005 · 11:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok sounds like you'll be getting there...

for a first try at song, pretty sensitive, actually really interesting.

well I understand you haven't done anything like it before, but here's some tips that spring in mind:

- try to play your guitar with a good flow, just continuously wave your strumming-hand over the strings like a swingy metronome, and strike the strings when you want them to sound - don't stop swinging your arm when you don't want them to sound, only stop for dampening, but keep that rhythm going. Takes some practice (but not a lot), it will start sounding really tightly timed and will flow together much better. It does help to practice with a real metronome btw.

- don't be afraid to use your voice, sounds like you have a good one, but you're holding way back... talking really softly, almost shy. Well that could work, maybe you did in on purpose, but you could try to bring more volume in your voice (more air through your throat), by practicing deep-breathing, and sing from comfortably filled lungs. That way you'll have much more tone and intonation control.

- I don't know what software you used to create it, but your guitar sounds way dry; try some effects, I recommend atleast some amp modelling and perhaps a little chorus. But then, since you just started in recording music, I suggest you spend some happy hours at the recording forum (that's what it's for) to find interesting information that may help you improve.

all in all, definately not a bad song. In fact I think you have mucho potential.

so keep it up !
#3December 18th, 2005 · 01:30 PM
i liked it
#4December 18th, 2005 · 05:11 PM
it was pretty good considering it was your first song.
#5December 20th, 2005 · 12:17 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
lol, yer well. I thing PuppetXeno got it about right.
I like the kyrics alot  and I get a strong sense of feeling in the music but it just doesn't flow.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.