#1December 18th, 2005 · 05:32 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
16 posts
United States of America
The Rebel

This song is not in a battle

Used only guitar and mic.  I apologize for the sound quality.  Substituted the guitar as bass, and tried to bring out more lows.  Looking for song judgment, not sound judgment.
Thank you for your time and cooperation.

(A small tribute and honor to "The Christ")

Words out on you
They're talkin' all over town
They knew you was coming
But lack of faith keeps you running around
Sure they can talk the talk
But can they walk the walk,

You "The Rebel"
Go against the institutions
They say you blasphemy

So they deny Christianity
And now they've seen you walk
But they still talk the talk,

You calm the storm
But I still ask for more
You walk the waters
But I stumble and falter
When I try to walk the walk
All I can do is talk,

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2005 · 06:11 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
song judgement....mhmhhhm...

An all day blues theme played by bands all over the world. nothing special happens. You can use the lyrics for stand alone. And come on, work on the sound very hard then anyone can make a good song judgement. song quality = sound qualitiy = 30%. Sorry, but keep up your work, you hit the chords.
#3December 18th, 2005 · 09:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I dunno...

I always enjoy blues even when it's a crappy recording... kinda adds to the feel

christian blues? wuhhh... uhhh hmmm right -

I don't know, there's something about this sound quality that really kicks it for me -

well the truth is ofcourse that the song itself is nothing special, but then does blues have to be? I think it rocks. good job! (ie... "Not Bad")

#4December 18th, 2005 · 11:27 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Thanks
I appreciate your critique,  it's very constructive, while not being destructive.
Great encouragement. 
Rather than seeing it as final, I expect people to hear the potential.
Sound quality can always be improved.  The guitar playing was so "at the moment", one-takes, and I really liked the feeling I captured.  Just had to get the feelings and idea expressed.
Thanks again.
Jess
#5December 18th, 2005 · 03:23 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I listened to it a second time. Pretty cool. Keep up your good work. You're on the way (I think). You did it. Thumbs up!

"Not Bad" is not the feeling that I had when I listened to it. It was bloody good.

This you wanna hear?
#6December 18th, 2005 · 05:03 PM
i quite enjoyed it, it was nothing outstanding (in my opinion, which doesn't really amount to much) but it was fun.
#7December 19th, 2005 · 01:53 AM
96 posts
United States of America
Cool Blue Christ Allmighty
Oh Hallaluya all you lord lovin fools!

so old blues with some nice guitar work. Even blues is nice badly recorded ( like puppetX said ) , but the song structure is nice.
i am sure their could be a really big market for christian blues -

what are you smokin at the end thier?
#8December 20th, 2005 · 11:54 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Well, I guess Triton woke up on the wrong side of the bed and Pup woke up in a good mood
Yeah, Christian blues, can't say it's been done before. Yes, it is generic, but then it wouldn't be blues, would it.
If, like you said, sound quality can be improved then I would certainly like to hear some more from you with better quality. But, poor production is one of my pet-peeves.  Best wishes.
#9January 22nd, 2006 · 06:50 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Well, IIIIII liked it!  Though that's probably cos I am a Christian.  Jesus Rules!
#10March 13th, 2006 · 07:07 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
This is an interesting piece.....  It is really good.... The quality is very very poor... but man, the song is strong... and the emotions are real enough.....

Very impressed am I
                             Jim " slowhand" K  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.