#1December 17th, 2005 · 08:23 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United Kingdom
Ghosts

This song is not in a battle

This was done for a piece of coursework. The vocal sample is a bit overeffected, but it sounds ok I think. The top E on my guitar may have tripped out of tune during the song somewhere as it has a habit of doing so, but all in all, it sounds pretty nice.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 17th, 2005 · 08:46 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yup... that's A Forest's bass line, by The Cure

interesting dark sound... all the more reason to associate it with The Cure...
it has some timing issues though...
nice improv on the guitar... done well, though less is more! and it takes so long, it just goes on and on, without end...

that vocal sample wasn't really overeffected, but should've been brought more to the front. In fact I'd love to hear much more vocals in this, and less guitar improv.

Then again, the bass line is A Forest, by The Cure... but for a display of your taste in music and what you're up to, I'd say certainly not bad...

keep it up, looking forward to hear more from you
#3December 17th, 2005 · 09:12 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United Kingdom
to be honest, I've not heard that song, or much of anything by the cure, just a coincidence I suppose.
#4December 23rd, 2005 · 08:20 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah, I wrote a song and it had the exact same chorus to a Queens Of The Stone Age chorus, melody wise, before it came out. This stuff happens, you just have to live with it.
It's my sort of music this, haunting guitar improvisation is something I really wish I was good at but, even I have to say it goes on a bit.
Oh, and, my bottom E string does the exact same thing.
#5December 27th, 2005 · 07:18 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Lithuania
I like it very much. nice job. Sounds like John Frusciante
#6December 28th, 2005 · 04:51 PM
96 posts
United States of America
A forest was my theme song all thru middleschool. to bad you used it - mayby your unaware which would make it okay. if your curois - check out the song A Forest by the cure of the album seventeen seconds.
i am not discounting your work based on the simliity - i just can't help but want to listen to that song while i am listening to this. its a little more fast paced and more popish -

all in all - nice work - i would love to hear more!
#7November 20th, 2006 · 11:45 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
Music for tai-chi exersizes:)
Do you know, there is a fighting art "Tai-chi-cho-an" or something like this. It has some exersizes, which very well fit in with this song:) it's nice.
#8November 20th, 2006 · 01:16 PM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
In the beginning it seemed out of rhythm, which got fixed when the drums were 'in' totally.
The guitar is .. well .. a bit too random, and its sound is too "twangy" and too far away if you ask me

But overall: a good job, nice improv but a bit too random. Get more certain with your "phrases" and maybe use some Themes that you repeat from time to time. this helps with a kind of Structure.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.