#1December 13th, 2005 · 05:57 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
New Zealand
Rainbows Last Enemy

This song is not in a battle

Alright here goes

Yeah its a pretty bad recording but next to the other stuff i have it's golden. The song was written by one of my band mates (im just the guitarist) and, well, we dont take ourselves toooo seriously. the recording was just a bit of fun for us but i thought id post it anyway for some feedback

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 15th, 2005 · 10:11 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Good song. The live factor accounts for a few dodgy vocals and drum parts. Recording quality aside, I like the song. Good energy, catchy riff, solo is perfect for the song. Not a style I'm particularly fond of but I enjoyed it regardless. If you record properly, I'd suggest you chop the funny at the end- it detracts from the value of the song. Since it's the last thing you hear, it kind of sticks with you more than the music beforehand.
Otherwise, very good job.
#3December 17th, 2005 · 01:00 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
Canada
I like it
Love the raw live sound, and the recording isn't that bad.I live the guitar sound, it's wicked and great solo.Keep it up
#4December 18th, 2005 · 09:50 AM
1 posts
Hong Kong SAR
It might be too heavy to me.
#5December 22nd, 2005 · 04:10 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Canada
I love the song... not too heavy at all... the solo is wicked!!  Great beats... lotsa energy and the funny at the end isn't soooo bad, just not on every song   I love it and cant wait to hear more.
#6December 22nd, 2005 · 08:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Really nice song! Cool Solo! Pretty talented... This song is close to my style.
Really liked it. At the beginning I thought I was listening a song from the starts of Rush... then I realized that the guitar sounded to heavy ( if you had equalized the guitar with a lil less distortion and a bit more of chorus, I would sounded really Rush, but this gay is better, cause it's your style... BTW, I love Rush, I don't know if it was one of your influences)
Well, that was at the beginning, because then I realized this was more like Pearl Jam ( I'm not a Pear Jam fan, but I like a couple of their songs). In fact vocals were pretty grungy... don't like grunge too much.
The solo was really nice... guess all that tapping and speed things could be better for a metal song, but I must say that it sounded well in the song.
Yeah, the end was really cool, specially the way you say " Oh, my god". Liked that.
Well, that's all I can say, but generally like the song a lot... not my favorite style, but was really nice tune.
Keep it up... may be a better recording will make me like more the song... Who knows!

> Iszil

PS: In case you don't know Rush, it's a canadian progressive rock band that started in the '70. Their beginnings were not a lot of progressive but more rocker, similar to your song. Try listening to Working Man, By-Thor And The Snow dog of In The Mood. That will give you and idea of the first steps of Rush. If want to listen the REAL Rush, try with Tom Sawyer, YYZ or 2112.
All this in case you don't know Rush, but I guess you do... Everyone SHOULD DO!
#7January 16th, 2006 · 01:34 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Iraq
Kinda Punky
It has a punk feel to it, but I like it. If the vocals were brought out a little more it would be great, but I enjoyed the song overall.
#8January 22nd, 2006 · 07:17 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
not bad at all,cool bass line,nice rythym guitar not too crazy bout the lead guitar-vocals need more energy!! very catchy song.yeah do away with the end thingy.
#9January 25th, 2006 · 10:42 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
24 posts
United States of America
yeah i like the track.. needs some adjustments but it has a huge amount of potential.. sounds great though.

David
#10January 25th, 2006 · 02:50 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Good job
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.