1 2

#1December 12th, 2005 · 04:00 PM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
Shy Thing
Score: 85.9%
Battle: 2006-03

This is a bran new one of mine, wrote it on friday and recorded it over the weekend. im really impressed with the outcome, i think it sounds really sweet and smooth. it's about someone i met who i really clicked with.
i hope you enjoy it too
-Tess

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 12th, 2005 · 04:13 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
First of all, you seem to have produced a set of professional songs that I guess would sell really well. This is no exception. At first i didn't like the acc guitar, but then just when the electric g came in - it started to make more sense. I am listening to it a 2nd time and I think it's a beautiful composition with a well-thought-over harmony which is very listenable (to say the least). I also find the overall quality excellent, even though I might have some thoughts and ideas on how to make it better. I don't think they would do any huge difference (possibly only to myself making the song more enjoyable to listen to.

I always get the impression, though, that the vocals should have got more attention when you recorded them, and I don't mean the singing. What i mean is EQ and compression (the latter mostly) - but I might too picky. The ending IMO is good - a bit too fast but it makes you want to put the song on again.

Overall, A+

Best of luck 2 u
#3December 12th, 2005 · 04:42 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
really nice song ( my favourite still being Run!)
well recorded, for being in a home ( guess u did it at home) nice melodies and voice.

PS: how u recorded the bassguitar??? i mean, u used a real bass?
#4December 12th, 2005 · 06:41 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
oh, and one more thing - have u actually tried to send yr songs in? I mean, to any record labels? if so, was there any feedback?
#5December 13th, 2005 · 04:13 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
hey JBP, thanks for your comments - i agree with the vocals, iv tried alot to get the sounding clearer, but when it comes down to it all i have is a copy of a sm58 mic and the compression on my software isnt up to much - i would love to record my own album with drums etc in a pro studio... on that note you asked about sending songs in. a friend of mine has persuaded me to find a pro radio jockey and get him to make me a show of all my best hooks in my songs with a bit of authorial comment to catch their ears as the people listening probably get sick of hearing lots of songs that dont kick in for a while - like mine do. im currently working on that though. i dunno who to ask though, also i dont know how much to offer for their service. has anyone any advice?
#6December 13th, 2005 · 05:04 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Very well written and recorded - this is full of feeling!!! If talent is what counts I don't think you need much luck!
#7December 13th, 2005 · 01:46 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
bravo tess,,,bravo,,,its about time you got off the ground
pursue the dj thing..also there is an agency out there called TAXI..that will submit your tunes to various labels etc.. i dont know much about them really..im sure someone here does..
all the best Tess
#8December 13th, 2005 · 03:40 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
It's a great song you sang very well, loved the harmonies. I'd like the lead vox to break through a little more. Please, check the tempo on the acc and bass. This has to be perfect cause it might be a hit 
#9December 13th, 2005 · 11:11 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I really like the use of strumming. I think strumming in a different pattern has become a lost art. And like I said on the other song you posted recently, the new production your vox is getting is really working out well, keep doing it and keep improving, right?
As far as a hook, I don't know...I guess it just comes with working and trying different options. Also working with other musically talented people who can give you a fresh outlook on your songs. Sometimes when I'm doing music by myself I get in a rut, ya know?
As far as TAXI, I read up on them a while back. They're pretty expensive, esp if you don't know what results you'll get. But I think anyone you pitched your music to would be a fool not to pursue it. And I don't think you should have to pay someone either, they should be paying YOU, bc I've said it before, you've got talent.
#10December 14th, 2005 · 04:53 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Credit where credit's due. This is an absolute winner in all respects.
#11December 14th, 2005 · 12:18 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
Canada
Great
Wow, I love your voice and style of playing, reminds me of some old Joni Mitchel or Carole King. Very well done and I agree with JBP, you should try to get your music on a label, i'd buy your cd.
#12December 19th, 2005 · 08:58 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
just 100%, From the point of recording quality  you can't criticize anything - perfect. 
i think you'll make it.. so i can sing along with some day - with my radio :-)
#13December 19th, 2005 · 01:07 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Really nice!  Mix, vocals, guitar, the lot.
I listened to this in one room, and my 13 year old son is in another - he's still singing it; that's on one hearing!
Get signed!
Make more music!
#14December 19th, 2005 · 01:50 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I really enjoy most of your work, because of your vocal harmonies and guitar play - you have great composition skills. I hardly ever comment to you though - don't see much reason, so just so you know I too am listening to and downloading all your stuff

great job. good luck. love to hear more from you.
#15January 5th, 2006 · 07:01 PM
2 posts
Belgium
I really like the song. I can relate to the things you sing and that's nice. 
Just Lovin' It  !
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.