#1December 8th, 2005 · 10:20 AM
7 threads / 6 songs
19 posts
India
turning the page

This song is not in a battle

Finally figured out a way to tape guitar at home without any fancy equipment! Taped this piece on a  videocamera... converted it into an audio
disc.. edited using wavepad..  converted to mp3 format... .. suggestions are welcome. Hehe as has been pointed out i know the sound quality is not great but i'd really appreciate comments on the guitar playing ( you'd probably need a decent system hooked up to the comp to hear it clearly though)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 8th, 2005 · 10:37 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
lol, a video camera, lol
Well, no offense but the fancy equipment is used for a reason. I have to say the noise is terribly distracting, and quality has definitly been lost by converting it so many times.
I don't use fancy equipment. I bought a pre-amp (for US$80) that I plug straight into my line-in on my comp, then I plug my guitar straight into the pre-amp. Then you can use wave to edit. I'm not saying I come out with professional results, but less noise. Anyway...your resourcefulness is charming.  and sometimes you have to work with what you have, right?
Well, I think you might have a good song and I think your improv might be nice, but I just can't hear it that well. Good luck and I hope this helps.
#3December 8th, 2005 · 11:02 AM
7 threads / 6 songs
19 posts
India
Hehe thankyou creative control..No offence taken. i know the sound quality sucks ( but its not thaaat bad of you're plugged into a decent system ).. i'm workin on settin up a home studio.. in fact have a track i recorded a while back in a friends studio.. will upload that soon.. thats way better sound wise.. then look forward to your comments on the guitar playing.
#4December 14th, 2005 · 02:20 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Well if u ignore the sound quality I think the guitars were quite good. Is there a bass in the background, if yes can u increase the volume of that.
#5December 14th, 2005 · 04:45 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
I like the tune. Clean it up a bit, and it's a winner!
#6December 14th, 2005 · 11:36 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
19 posts
India
thanks guys :)
Hehe i'd nearly given up hope of any more comments after creative control.. thanks. songwriter, the background is from a very basic programme i have and the bass is autogenerated, no volume control or anything. I'm trying to upload some more intrumental stuff but its just not happpening. guess dial up doesn't help.
#7December 14th, 2005 · 11:53 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Nice background basis!
Liked the chords progression in the strings at the back. Just got a bit confused when the guitar entered at the beginning. Also, you must turn up the background melody.
I guess the song is a bit long and monotonous ( I shouldn't be saying that considering my song Jugo - with my band - but there, at least, the improvisation was between keys and guitar).
Nice guitar solos. You have nice skills, though I heard some out-of-tune notes, but just at the beginning. Ohh! nice delay effects at the end!
But, overall, good song!

> Iszil
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 12:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.