#1December 8th, 2005 · 08:15 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Song to the Moon

This song is not in a battle

This is a song about my partner and I wanting children.  My singing is a bit off in places, and there's lots of reverb and background hiss... but yeah, I'll let you guys tell me what else is wrong with it!

OK, since people have mentioned it, here are the lyrics, with symbolism and imagery relating to birds and light, and one of the lines taken from The Simpsons:

A thousand sparkles
Light the whole city tonight
While everyone sleeps
Amid the rushing wind of flight

Maybe one day I'll turn into a swan
Hope it happens before I'm gone

The swallow glides with speeds
You never could imagine
Flies by so fast you
Never do quite see it happen

The moon just wants
To see her own light

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 8th, 2005 · 10:19 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I think if you transpose the song into a higher key, probably not any more than 2 whole steps up, it would be in a better key for you, you might think it's too high, but I think you could hit the notes. This is just based on what I'm hearing, I think you have a higher singing range than you're playing in.
The mic you're recording on is picking up odd noises hear and there. Are you using a condenser mic by any chance? Condenser mics aren't bad, in fact I use one, but you have to have absolute silence when recording and still they can be really noisy by just picking up space Also, if you have any music editting software, compress the vocals.
Other than just some technical issues, which I really don't know that much about, it's a very beautiful song, well written and well played.
Yes, you were a bit off in some places, but it's a good thing that you can recognize that. And I honestly believe playing in a higher key will help that, and of course, breathing from your diaphram to support your singing.
It really is a lovely song and I look forward to hearing some more pieces from you.
BTW, if you're having a problem with reverb, try bringing the dry level up and/or the wet (or damp) level down.
#3December 8th, 2005 · 10:21 AM
1 posts
United States of America
chords
This song is very charming. The chords are very very unique and interesting (and I'm a big fan of piano anyway). Some parts remind me alot of Lennon, I mean that as a compliment.

The reverb doesn't bother me so much, I like how it sounds like it was performed in a concert hall. I just have a hard time understanding all the lyrics. Why don't you post them? Or you did and I'm a big dummy because I can't find them.

Anyway, bravo over all
#4December 8th, 2005 · 11:24 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
=)
RustyJones - I would post the lyrics but I don't know how - I'm new to this whole thing! :s

CreativeControl, indeed it is a condenser mic!  I see what you mean about the vocal register; I think I did it that low cos it suited the mood of that song.  Strangely enough, you're right - I can sing high notes much better than low notes!  I'll post up songs when I get around to it, my internet is being problematic at the moment.

Thanks both of you for your comments, they made me smile =)
#5December 8th, 2005 · 11:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well this is a beautiful song, and the great amount of reverb adds to the mood.

in fact it gave me that Twin Peaks theme feeling... and, that is meant as a compliment..

so I don't have any comments on the composition or the tech bit, I believe CC took care of that and about the lyrics: well you can simply write them in a reply to your song or "edit" the song itself: this will take you to an edit screen where you can change the description of your song, and you can edit the text. It won't affect the uploaded file in any way.

good luck, it's a beautiful song, looking forward to hear more from you!
#6December 9th, 2005 · 01:52 AM
21 posts
United States of America
Initially I was very pleased with the piano but bothered by the vocals but after about 45 seconds it had grown on me.  You sounded a bit nasal throughout which could be tweaked and possibly eliminate that minute or so of doubt.
#7December 9th, 2005 · 03:42 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
The song grew on me as it played. Very nice.

Ken
#8December 9th, 2005 · 07:44 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
United States of America
very nice voice
I love the voice it gives it kind of a melodick mysterious feel to it its one of them songs you kan feel
#9December 12th, 2005 · 08:56 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Australia
this song is different..i like it!

cool piano..cool vocals! aweosme
#10December 15th, 2005 · 10:44 PM
96 posts
United States of America
you get an A+
perfect! i see the Lennon here. the song really takes me back ( dynamicly that is ). it is perfect in everyway ( except recording ) and has such a powerfull retro effect.
I would say playing in a higher key MAY sound better because you obvioulsy are more native in that range - but for this song, i feel you should leave it that way. IMHO  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 9:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.