#1December 8th, 2005 · 05:30 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United Kingdom
Just Me

This song is not in a battle

This is very much a demo, it was originally a piano/vocal track that a friend of mine added keyboards and programmed drums to.  The vocals are occasionally a little out of time because the drums were added afterwards, but it gives an idea of the song, at least.  All comments and suggestions welcome (especially if you have instrumentation / production ideas for when I record it properly). 

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 8th, 2005 · 05:42 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Hey, great pop song, anna. You have a really nice voice. Powerful and confident. Love that huskyness at the start there are a couple of vocal tuning discrepancies but apart from that it sounds great.

I'd love to hear it on a real piano, keyboards just don't compare. Real drums also! Hehe.

- Chester
#3December 8th, 2005 · 05:46 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
16 posts
Canada
re: Just Me
Hey, I really like the song... sounds good even with the keyboards but a real piano would make it more flowing and more fluent... I think at least.  Great job and keep up the work.
#4December 8th, 2005 · 06:58 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow, really impressive. great vocals.. though they need normalization (better compression / limiter), get the volume consistent.

indeed the piano sounds very artificial! oh well, this being a demo and all, I'd say the production quality is reasonably good as is anyway... even the drums, I really like them. they were programmed well. for bass/snare no prob. but cymbals require more attention.

very good!
#5December 8th, 2005 · 09:54 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Fabulous vocals, very nice. If you really want some advice, I'll give you some If you compress the vocals it will bring up the lower parts in the mix and you'll be able to hear them better.
This is a great composition and flows very nicely. Vocal harmonies are right on. You have a wonderful voice.
Did you write this song? It's very thoughtful and also has a catchiness to it that is important when doing a demo. Good luck!
#6December 8th, 2005 · 02:14 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
ok, its a demo. and with a hard work it can be a really really great song. Cant wait to hear the final one day. Do it!
#7December 8th, 2005 · 05:02 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks!
Thank you for all the comments.

Surprised that a few of you said the piano sounds artificial, I think the piano sound is pretty good, but maybe that's because I'm used to it.  On this track it does get drowned out a bit by the other (less 'real')  keyboard sounds, I wonder if that's what you meant?  Otherwise, there ain't much I can do about the piano, it's a clavinova and the best I have to record with.

Productionwise, yeah I'm aware it needs more compression / normalising etc.  I'm very inexperienced with that side of things, when I record properly I'll be seeking advice / help of clever people.

CreativeControl - yes I did write the song, and thanks for your encouragement.  I've seen your comments on other songs (randomdave is my little brother :P) and I appreciate your honesty. 

5 reviews in less than a day - I must say i'm impressed with this site! 
#8December 8th, 2005 · 06:34 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United States of America
outstanding job
#9December 10th, 2005 · 11:55 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Puppet just told me Random was your brother. OMG, tell your mum and dad, BRAVO!
Thanks, I just try to help bc this site has helped me sooo much.
#10December 10th, 2005 · 10:01 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
well done!!! nice song!
i'm not a a pop lover, but the song itself is good for pop...i can imagine listening to it in the radio...
#11December 12th, 2005 · 01:18 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
That's all
I can't add any comments to this, anyway I want to congratule you and your friend, 'cause this song is good, though it's pop, that's not a problem I think it suit well on the style. I think that the piano, even on synth, could sound good...
#12December 12th, 2005 · 04:15 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
Song
This sounds very pro. Well done production, great harmonies, excellent vocals,
and who cares if the piano sounds electric? You have talent, the song is very good
and well played. Bravo. Let me hear more!
#13March 11th, 2006 · 10:06 PM
6 posts
Canada
great song annajo
This is the second song iver heard on this website and its great.  Usually  don't like girl singers but this one was great and should stay up there cuase you'll make it big one day,  You sound like jakalope(singer not animal)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.