1 2 3

#1December 6th, 2005 · 05:42 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
Norway
Vertigo
Score: 86.5%
Battle: 2006-03

This song was written in three stages of my life (sad ones), so the song is actually a vomit of my soul :p
i fucked up a couple of times while recording, but i never fixed theses problems..... otherwise it should be fine..

UPDATE: thanx for all the comments... They really are constructive and informative
For all of you who want to hear more..... well.... u'll have to wait a bit
My father passed away a few days ago (4th of January)... so I'll be traveling to Chile (after 3 years in Norway) carrying his ashes... anyway, i think this trip and this experience might help me to get inspired and trigger some kind of musical reaction from my fingers.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5  License.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 6th, 2005 · 06:04 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Ha this is so freakin' cool. Reminds me of Classical Gas
#3December 6th, 2005 · 07:38 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Oh, I agree - this is excellent. A lot of talent you've got there.

Did you use noise reduction (e.g. from 0:30 to 1:10 ) ? It sounds very digital and distracted me for a bit. Compositionwise - I love it. I also believe that in case of such songs it wise to repeat the musical ideas a number of times so that they become more undrestandable and memorable to a listener (which you have done very wisely).

Did you get any musical education? You seem to have.

Good luck to you.
Jim
#4December 6th, 2005 · 08:34 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
Norway
wow... thanx for the feedback educatedguess and JBP
i did use noise reduction and reverb... i think.... i can't remember the other touches i added.... it's been a long time since i recorded it...
I'm glad u liked it .... and no, i haven't had any musical education... i'm self-taught, i've played the acoustic guitar since i was 14 years old (i'm 20 now)
My musical preferences are extense... from chilean folk-music to black metal... funk, a bit of flamenco, rock, prog, etc, etc, etc..

i REALLY appreciate your comments
#5December 7th, 2005 · 01:49 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Great music and fine technique playing the guitar. Is there more than this? please upload it. You can hear the noise reduction very well. Think you need a better sound card, he?
#6December 7th, 2005 · 09:15 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
buena kncion wn!
wena tecnik, me gusto, tiene toqs d muxos estilos, dsd barroco hasta folclore chielno... taba wena. lo d la klidad d sonido siemre ha sido un problema pa toos... creo q va a haber q invertir en una tarjeta d sonido decente ( me incluyo) pero la kncion ta muy bn armada y tokda.
tni mi voto!
chau

dont wanna transalate all this cuz i'm tired, but i say the song is good and well played. just that. bye
#7December 8th, 2005 · 05:03 AM
1 posts
Estonia
I like this!
Can't say anything constructive since I dont know anything about THE THEORY... but isn't it all down to how it makes you feel and whether it sounds right. This does. For me this is one of those that just flows and shouldn't end at all. If it lasted for half an hour I'd really get into it... Well I like it a lot.
#8December 15th, 2005 · 10:32 PM
3 posts
Canada
soothing....sweet stuff. I'm a metal freak myself, but I have an emotional and melodic side as well Good job
#9December 16th, 2005 · 12:44 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
nice playing! It really sounds like you had some kind of classical training...  composition is  great as well... I can certainly see your flamenco influences in this one (Paco de Lucía?)
#10December 28th, 2005 · 05:02 AM
96 posts
United States of America
nice work!
i love Led Zeppelin and this makes me feel like i am hearing a long lost track
Awsome work - i can't imagine what would make this piece anybetter than it is. nice work. I would love to hear some more stuff.
what a great diversity of sound on the one guitar ( one track right? againe, nice work )

you get it ------------------------------------A+++
#11January 2nd, 2006 · 02:06 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Excellent! Right up until the end when it went fast. Then it blew me away! For a self taught guitarist you're pretty damn talented. Encore!
#12January 2nd, 2006 · 02:42 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
23 posts
Netherlands
great music
keep going on love the sound
#13January 2nd, 2006 · 03:20 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Fabulous playing, and I love the general feeling of the track.  It's very John Williams/Sky-ish.
Well done!
#14January 2nd, 2006 · 10:53 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
WOW, very tight playing. Very nice style of rhythm at 2:41. That's just awesome. Ehhh...mixing issues are distracting, like some have mentioned being able to hear the noise gate opening and closing. But, you did this a while back. So, anyway, performance is just fabulous.
#15January 3rd, 2006 · 03:01 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Amazing
Great guitar melodies and good technical ability. Some minor problems, but one of the best I've heard. Post more!
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.