#1December 5th, 2005 · 03:16 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
End Funk

This song is not in a battle

Quite possibly the only decent track ive made so far. Il let you be the judge . ITs a funky peice me and a freind composed (he's the guitarist). Please leave feedback.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 5th, 2005 · 04:41 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I applaud your basswork.....I love bass.....yeah as I was saying very nice bass line.  You might want to try a little less  twanging the string, but your style is your style if you like it. With better recording equipment, you could definitely make quite a wonder full piece of music.
#3December 5th, 2005 · 04:59 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Haha! This is ol' skool funkay. Your bass playing is a little out of time at the beginning but that happens, especially if you recorded it straight after writing it. I really like it how the guitar is slightly out of tune too. Sounds quite Honky Tonk. Good work.

- Chester
#4December 5th, 2005 · 05:04 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
There were a few problems, the most noticeable of which was the not being in tune, and the lead guitar....

the bass guitar came across so nice, I wonder why the guitar came across so terrible...
did you plug the guitar into the bass amp?
#5December 5th, 2005 · 11:16 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
HA..great bass line actually! A bit of work with the tempo and tune up stuff and will be a great and funny one.
Keep it up!
#6December 6th, 2005 · 08:13 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
thanks for all for all your feedback. I have just managed to get it on the net its supposed to sound a bit faster but i'm just please that ive finally managed to get it on the net. and as for the out of tune guitar well.... we were using the schools equipment and is is notoriously shoddy. But hey thats underfunded state schools for you. please keep all the feedback coming.

thanks.

#7December 6th, 2005 · 01:58 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Hey, Tom. I just recently had a problem with distortion and I finally figured out I had the bass eq up too much. Not sure if that's why this song is distorted in some areas, but I figure it's worth a try, IMO. Nice groove.
#8December 7th, 2005 · 12:31 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Australia
sweet
i tend to agree with the others on composition elements and tuning issues

cool, catchy bass line though, dig it for sure

look forward to hearing some more
#9December 8th, 2005 · 10:17 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
funky
it is. it's very funky. but I have to agree with some of the other posters, it needs to be cleaned up a bit. keep it up.
#10December 8th, 2005 · 06:49 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to say that the bass intro reminds me far too much of the Red Hot Chili Pepper's version of 'Higher Ground'
#11December 9th, 2005 · 12:15 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
40 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for all ya feed back. in reply to some feedback:

Timotheus: It wud remind you of their song because it follows a few of their opening root notes but our song is a is just E,A,Gx3 then A,G,F# repeat it all allot more where as Higher ground (origanoly done by stevie of course) then moves all over the place with lots of different endings and variations. Also ours is entireley slap base where as its only the opening chords that are slapped on higher ground.

Any one who said any thing technical: Yer it need a bit of tweaking and mabye i shall when i get a spare moment. In reply to all distortion comments there was supposed to be a certain amount of distortion but yer as you noticed the eq was a tadd maxed out here and there.

Pleas keep voting and leaving feedback thanks!!!
#12December 23rd, 2005 · 04:10 AM
5 posts
United States of America
That bassline sounds almost identical to the chili peppers version of higher grounds by Stevie Wonder
#13December 24th, 2005 · 05:36 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Hey, everybody has to start somewhere, and we keep plugging away. Keep it up. This was pretty good!
#14March 30th, 2010 · 11:54 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
I hear you have some good skills. Only in a few places, it sounded out of tune. If you work on it a bit, I'm sure it's gonna be a cool song!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.