#1November 30th, 2005 · 03:46 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The Jump (Overture)

This song is not in a battle

It's a imrpovisation we made with my band, of course with a base line prepared, but it's almost a full improvisation. I play keyboards and the bassist plays the bass in the first part and guitar in the second.
It's a long song, but i love to listen to it cuz we really enjoyed playing it. It's a really Pink Floydish style.

PS: I'll soon try to upload "Jugo (Closing)" that i guess is better... i've been trying to upload it at least 10 times but doesnt work.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 30th, 2005 · 04:12 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Man, progressive rock is fun! I hear the early Pink Floyd influence, circal the album "Meddle"

the bass and drums really have something going
it sounded like the bass player was playing a minor-key bassline, while you were playing a major-key part on the keyboard (I would make sure you are playing in the right key), the second part flowed a little more. Better guitar work will be needed also, though the ideas sound cool, and it sounds like an absolute blast to play.

I would advise the guitar player (too bad it wasn't you!) to take some advise from David Gilmour, and slow down the playing (not that he was playing very fast, but the point is to make each note count more, Gilmour was the best at that).

of course, I can only rate this so high, but nice work!
#3December 9th, 2005 · 09:54 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
i dont think the guitar playing was fast, but, no way!
we were playing all in the same minor key...may be the sound quality made it seem liek was other way, but once again, no way!
of course we want to record this in a studio with a real structure. also will record The Jump, and another song with a nice progressive rock structure, like Rush...its really nice.
but must w8 to do it in a studio...will be nice!
bye.
#4February 21st, 2006 · 01:39 AM
9 threads / 7 songs
66 posts
Canada
Not bad.. I can see why you enjoyed playing this song.  The keyboards are sweet. I like the song when it starts to get going around 2 minutes on. I think the guitar playing is quite well to.  Sounds like you guys had fun. Think the keyboard is a little to loud compared to the rest. Keep it up Iszil.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.