#1November 24th, 2005 · 06:54 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
22 posts
Australia
No part of this

This song is not in a battle

Hope you like the track! the band has changed its name to Once Divine. http://www.oncedivine.com

Dont forget to vote

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 24th, 2005 · 08:16 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
very good, but the vocal harmony seemed a little off in some places... but barely a little bit. The flute, cello, piano... wow. pretty cool. you've got some nice equipment
#3November 25th, 2005 · 01:05 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Very nice composition. IMO, I think you have an ear for harmony, just practice a little bit more because it was just a touch flat in some areas. If you're recording through headphones make sure you can hear the lead vox and the part you are currently recording well. Just some minor advice, hope it helps. Very nice tune, though. Look forward to hearing more.
#4November 25th, 2005 · 10:49 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
WOW!
WOW! This is bloody great! Compositionally superb with an excellent effective use of vocal harmonies. I'm gonna try not to be too biased here just because this is my baby sister's band (well not baby anymore - btw shes the one playing violin for those playing at home). Had no idea you guys were doing this sort of stuff and I really dig it!

Production is quite good! I do have a few suggestions for improvement but it is hard because I don't want to sound like I'm putting this down in any way because I'm NOT. Besides, I probably couldn't do any better myself. Anyway, here goes, take it or leave it. Firstly, there are a couple of spots in there where there are weird low frequency thumps. Gotta find where they are coming from and filter them out or whatever.

Even though the vocal talent here is top notch, I don't think the recording is doing it justice. It needs warming up a bit by maybe using a multiband compressor and/or eq and playing around with some different reverb effects. I think it would be a good idea to keep the reverb subtle on this one though. There are also plugins specifically designed for warming that might be available to you.

The mix is very centred. You'd be amazed at the additional depth that could be added to this piece just by playing around with the pan for the various instruments to get some stereo separation. I think it would be cool if you had say the violin 35% left and the flute 35% right whilst doing the same sort of thing for the support vocals, keeping the lead vocal straight down the centre. Important to keep things balanced though so it doesn't feel like you are leaning over to one side when listening to it!

The flute sound is a little airy, which I know is how flutes just are, but I think the use of a de-esser would work wonders here to reduce the sibilance. In fact, I think using a de-esser on the vox tracks as well would work some magic as there is some weird high frequency stuff going on here.

Overall, I think this song is great, and I'm not just saying that because I know you guys. Honestly, I'm liking what I'm hearing here and I look forward to catching your next gig!
#5December 6th, 2005 · 05:39 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Ah the flute work is superb. A wonderful composition. It's a little strange how the composition becomes really empty around 2 mins though. But seriously, those instruments are played so well!

- Chester
#6December 8th, 2005 · 07:57 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Good stuff, nice arrangement, nice harmonies, as everyone else has said!

Keep it up
#7December 15th, 2005 · 04:56 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tun
Superb.
#8December 19th, 2005 · 09:46 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Very nice arrangement.
Everything goes together really nice. 

Keep up the good work.
#9December 20th, 2005 · 12:50 AM
96 posts
United States of America
very pretty
that has a nice melody - very pretty and gentle to the ears.
I love the singing , lyrics and all!
I personally would love a crashing guitar and drums coming in to see how good that singing can get - but thats just me and my loudness speaking, YOUR song is awsome as it is!
A+

could be a little longer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.