#1November 20th, 2005 · 06:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Thank You

This song is not in a battle

Inspired by people who changed my life into more positve I created this little instrumental tune. I do not have a real sax, so this is a synth sax played on the Triton. If there's somebody out there who can play this melody with a real saxophone please give me a post. Now tell me what you think.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 20th, 2005 · 09:18 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Nice.. I like the overall feel of it... The Sax is decent, but it is easily picked out as synth... would be great to have a real sax part in there... maybe someone on here could record it and add it in... that would be great...     
If I could play I would at least try.. but I suck at recording anyway... lol
heck I suck at playing...     oh well... I do like it though...
#3November 20th, 2005 · 09:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, I agree with JimkdaAdtman, it's pretty nice. I also think it's a very nice thought to say thanks to all the people who have helped you reach positiveness.

ok well have you ever considered a midi Breath controller? like Yamaha has them. they're not that expensive, and I've heard recordings made with it by some guy I know, he used it for flutes, sax, trumpets and blown bottle, and it was really impressive. Ofcourse, nothing beats the real thing, but it can get you pretty convincing results.
#4November 20th, 2005 · 02:33 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Thank you guys for the nice comments. Breath controller is a very nice idea. But I am afraid I can't play this, because I never learned play flute or instruments like that. I preferred smoking for years
The next purchase will be a new PC. My AMD K6 400 Mhz is a bit too slow for wav-recording over more than 6 tracks. And realtime processing is impossible at that time.
So hoping for a nice guy or girl who can play this sax theme.

btw
Thanks to Mud and the other site admins to create an email when new posts are written in a thread
#5November 20th, 2005 · 02:46 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well there's actually two types of breath controllers, the ones you just mentioned (the expensive and extra versatile one) and the ones I mean, and the guy I know used, which just let you control velocity (volume) and two other parameters I believe ( not sure) by breathing into a mouth piece, while playing the notes on a keyboard. They are less expensive, with still very interesting results. I believe the Yamaha bc3, but well, just so you know it's out there I've been thinking of getting one myself, b/c I love gadgets, but my wishlist is HUGE

good luck in getting a new pc! keep up the good work
#6June 5th, 2006 · 04:09 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
You are a soft rock god!  I could totally hear this on one of those radio stations you're supposed to listen to at work.  As for a real sax player...this sounds like it should be Kenny G.

Really well played, excellent quality recording.  I like it!
#7November 9th, 2006 · 01:41 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
12 posts
Finland
Firts thanks for your comments    This is a beatiful song but I personally donīt care for a played melody, the song would offer more to the listener if you could get a live singer to do the job. But keep the good thing on running 
#8June 11th, 2007 · 02:30 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice
Very Nice song Carsten
Maybe Fish could add the sax to it
I'm not sure if he plays sax though
but..its a good bet that he does
This is beautiful

Flyer
#9June 11th, 2007 · 07:34 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
spoon wrote…
You are a soft rock god!  I could totally hear this on one of those radio stations you're supposed to listen to at work.  As for a real sax player...this sounds like it should be Kenny G.

Really well played, excellent quality recording.  I like it! :)
Totally agree Quaility is awesome,This aKenny G must and and Indeed you did really good in here!!!!!
Wow Tk Awesome!
#10June 11th, 2007 · 11:19 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
You should totally make a cheesey video and e-mail it with this music in the background.

The sound is so tight Triton(Love the alias haha) (due to your composition). I urge you to invest into a more powerful machine!
Would be nice to have a real saxophone on this track.

Mix is so on. Deserves a high vote.
#11October 1st, 2007 · 04:20 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
...I stopped by for another listen to this..This is really a nice song Carsten...I must have forgot to rate it last time...nice horns....Nice mix    like I said I have heard it before   but   Cant ever get tired of a song like this

Flyer  will rate
#12May 13th, 2012 · 03:51 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
yeah...I confess my ears are so distracted by synthy-sounding stuff, it's hard for me to get past it -- so enjoyed it before the synth sax came in...especially your keyboards, the tone is so nice, and really like the block...hmmm, might have to borrow that idea, if you don't mind!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.