1 2

#1November 20th, 2005 · 02:34 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Wasting Life

This song is not in a battle

Another song my friend and I wrote.  about getting off your ass and making something of yourself

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 20th, 2005 · 06:32 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Again you need bass and drums. Look around for some guys who can do it with you. There are nice basics in your tunes. Go ahead with a band. Thumbs up
#3November 20th, 2005 · 11:19 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
Austria
Your voice has potencial, and I agree about the band. With this you can only charm girls but maybe that's all you want
#4November 20th, 2005 · 11:43 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
sounds great... I love the line "get up off our asses"... but see, it's not hip hop or r&b so you'll have to remove the word asses from the song before you release it commercially... 
#5November 20th, 2005 · 01:46 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Thanks for replying, (i did a better thank you on mulligan man if you want to read it) but i was just wondering.. i haven't got a review for my song One Last Thing yet and I was wondering if someone woul review it for me thanks.
#6November 20th, 2005 · 01:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I don't get many replies... But the ones I have gotten have helped me tremendously.. I mainly realized I needed newe gear... and I really should get back to my electric guitar, with I have more experience with... so I think I am making huge strides.. this is a great place for honest people giving honest reviews... Sometimes you have to take one or two in the gut though... but I think we all appreciate the honesty over the niceties..
     good luck, and keep 'em comin!
        Jim
#7November 20th, 2005 · 02:37 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Punches
Yeah I defenitely need new gear.  I don't mind takin punches at all.. I know that I am not great at this yet.. but I don't mind takin punches to get that much better.
#8December 29th, 2005 · 01:34 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Yea, it's a nice idea, but it does seem to be missing some key elements. First of all, the panning, IMO, is overdone. I like a touch of panning to add depth, but the panning needs to be balanced as well. Also, the reverb you've added to the vocals is a little too much because it's hard to understand all of the words when they run together. Of course reverb is a wonderful tool, too, not that it shouldn't be used. Anyway, the guitar playing isn't bad, but I thought a little more variation and fill strumming wouldn't hurt. Hope it helps, keep on keeping on.
#9December 29th, 2005 · 07:10 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
yeah i can't fix the panning right, it is panned all the way left because i plug into my computer with mono connection..  if i try to pan right, it just reduces the volume.. i can't seem to figure out how to fix it so.. if you have any ideas.. i welcome them.. thanks.. as for variation.. yeah.. that's pretty much basic rhythm guitar backing.. nothing fancy...  ..yet.
#10December 30th, 2005 · 07:59 AM
96 posts
United States of America
do you have a sound card in your pc?
#11December 31st, 2005 · 12:39 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
yeah
yeah i got a soundcard....
#12December 31st, 2005 · 12:53 AM
3 posts
United States of America
Good song, I love the lyrics.

Was your guitar just the slightest bit out of tune though?

Hey man, you should be in a band
#13January 1st, 2006 · 12:12 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
thanks
at the time i recorded this song... it was either a tiny bit out of tune.. or because my fingers get in the way, it partially mutes chords a tiny bit..so it makes it sound out of tune.. either way i don't remember.. lol..is that a good thing that i should be in a band? thanks
#14January 5th, 2006 · 11:43 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Chile
A lot of potential there my friend.
I think you need to add drums & bass, but I insist there's something there that needs to be properly cooked.

Keep up with your work.
#15January 5th, 2006 · 11:51 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
chuwawarat wrote…
yeah i can't fix the panning right, it is panned all the way left because i plug into my computer with mono connection..  if i try to pan right, it just reduces the volume.. i can't seem to figure out how to fix it so.. if you have any ideas.. i welcome them.. thanks.. as for variation.. yeah.. that's pretty much basic rhythm guitar backing.. nothing fancy...  ..yet.

just a thought, but what you're saying about the reduction of volume when you are trying to pan only makes sense if the channel you record to is set to STEREO...
which basically means that if you record to that channel with a mono connection, you get audio data to one side only and trying to pan won't compensate.

So if it's possible, try setting the channel you record to to MONO, and then it should work fine... if, and I say if this is what's going on.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 3:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.