#1November 15th, 2005 · 12:54 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Drift Away

This song is not in a battle

Something about that last trip to the beach at the end of the summer, and it's all slipping away into the school year again. Some minor problems with the recording, a few vocal pops, etc.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 15th, 2005 · 03:15 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
sorry, not a fan

too generic alt-pop-rock

lyrics might be good if the song made me care enough about them to pay attention... the performances on this recording overall are not particularly good... tune your guitars, add some bass, add some drums

you've got a good voice though

what is that progression... G C D G? actually i'm almost sure that's what it is - it's way too predictable... it's the way it's played that's predictable... it's a valid chord progression but being that it's sooooo played out already you really have to do something new and interesting with it

i can see you're giving it a fair shot with your solos - but i suggest practicing a lot more on your improv first and working on planning out each recorded solo part peice by peice... save the improv for when you get good at improv, this is recording so since you're not so hot with the improv then plan your solos - you'll get a much better product

then practice your improv for when you play live shows

sorry to be as harsh as I am but reality is a harsh mistress - everyone has potential and everyone who has potential doesn't just realize their potential instantly, it's got to be cultivated... so... go cultivate
#3November 17th, 2005 · 10:13 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Heh... I'm here for feedback, not to have my ass licked.

And, actually, G# C# D# G#...     (it does change in a couple places - but no, it's not the most original progression). No drums/bass available when recorded.

Specifically, though - what about the solos screamed "improv" to you?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 2:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.