#1November 11th, 2005 · 08:30 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
One Last Thing

This song is not in a battle

One of a few different versions;  I made my sis sing with me on this one and neither of us have pro voices, but anyway.. tell me what you think.  I am very open to(which translates to willing to beg for) suggestions on improvements. Thank you

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 20th, 2005 · 02:02 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
It is pretty cool... The vocals sound good together... really need to get that singing in the tunnel sound minimized.. but otherwise it is great.. maybe try hooking a web mic in to the mic port on the sound card, and recording vocals that way.. the quality isn't great but it's a cheap and easy way to get rid of the tunnel effect.. unless that's what you were looking for, in that case I would crank it down a bit... it's too much...otherwise... awesome song..
       Jim
#3November 20th, 2005 · 02:35 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
thanks
Yeah i got the tunnel noise from reverb... and i overused it in order to mask our vocals.. and it was sort of an experiment to see how it was used and stuff.  thanks
#4November 25th, 2005 · 04:58 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
You and your sister sound like you have GOOD voices, so no need to try to mask them with the reverb. Although the reverb like you have done can be effective and good on you for experimenting, but in this instance maybe a more natural sounding reverb would work better since it is just vox + guitar. Give it that folk song kind of feal. Dude, I could be wrong but it sounds like your guitar is slightly out of tune - naughty naughty
#5November 25th, 2005 · 05:34 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yea, I remember this... you uploaded this BC (before the crash) and I recall having commented on this...

your sis has a beautiful voice, and so have you - you both could practice on volume though... but you work really well together! I suggest to keep your sister involved in your projects, or stimulate her in creating her own.

further....

tune your guitar. don't pan it hard left. don't plug it in without atleast some amp simulation. add a bass line. add drums. it's all possible... and I think you should. this is an EXCELLENT song... just the recording quality isn't all that. Though I still like the atmosphere it breathes...
#6November 25th, 2005 · 09:25 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Thank you
I kinda masked the voices with the reverb, and i tried to get it enough but it was a tiny bit too much; and ill try to play with different kinds of reverb that the program has
Yeah I recorded it when we moved and I couldn't find my tuner, so it was slightly out; I only have a mono connection into my computer so it's automatically hard left, I pan it to the right, but it barely helps.  I didn't have another cord at the time to go from guitar to amp to computer, now i do.  The amp sim in the editing program sucks.  It makes it too hissy and crappy sounding.
#7December 6th, 2005 · 06:08 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
This is really haunting. I agree with the posts up here on pretty much everything they've said.
#8December 15th, 2005 · 04:28 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
the vocals came across well-- especially the woman that was singing... why was the guitar quality so low?

what equipment do you use? the vox were clear, but the guitar was repetitive, and did sound out of tune...
good composition... don't have to change the structure really, just performance
#9December 15th, 2005 · 06:46 PM
96 posts
United States of America
nice work
your sis eh? LOL anyways - you guys sound wonderfull - nice compsition - reminds me of a classic cult killer film soundtrak. about the vocals - just turn down the reverb, and in the recording sense, you have to use a sound card - never imput to a mobo on a pc unless ofcourse it is a mac ( they are supior to PCs *argh* ). and make sure you have gain at a semi high level allowing you to compress and alter as you go - gets rid of that hiss.

you need to add a couple more parts including a lead.
you get a B
#10December 15th, 2005 · 11:54 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Thank you
Ok, the guitar quality was so low because A) when recorded, i didn't have my tuner unpacked, so it was a little off B) I plug straight from my guitar to my sound card-mono, (Don't know how to get a stereo connection with only one mic port, other than copy and pasting the same track in soundforge or something) C) I messed up and the pads of my fingers rub the other strings so I don't get a clear chord sometimes;  For the vocals, I was just plugging a mic into the sound card, but it was not picking up very well and it had a bad hiss when I would turn it up in the program.  I grabbed my guitar amp, plugged the mic into that, turned it up, plugged the amp into the sound card and now I'm getting better vocals with volume and no hiss;  But my guitar still has a hiss if I go into the amp first then the sound card, but the mic has no hiss..  weird;  anyway.. So next I will try to going guitar into amp into sound card, if it has a hiss I will try to alter it in editing like mage11 said with compression and such; I will also plug mic into amp into card to get good volume and no hiss.  Im currently working on a drum part, but can't find any good drum writing software that is free to DL; the free ones wont let me save and/or export to the program.  I don't have enough money for drum mics and to get my Mixer amp fixed.  and i haven't written a lead guitar part written yet;  Thank you for all the feedback, it is helping tremendously
#11December 21st, 2005 · 01:56 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I agree with stavros - your voices sound fine, don't mask them.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.