#1November 10th, 2005 · 12:34 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
France
Métissage

This song is not in a battle

We are a metal band from france and spain, we've been palying together for 2 years now, and this is a song from our first home recorded demo, feedback most welcome.
You can visit us at www.noisedelpueblo.com for more information

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 10th, 2005 · 12:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Interesting, some kind of reggae metal, can't recall having heard anything like it before. Most metal I know of gets to be pretty bothersome after a minute or two, but because of the reggae parts, it's not boring at all. And the samples in the end - are great!

Yea, sounds pretty good, and fresh!

So what's the subject of the lyrics - what's this song about?
#3November 10th, 2005 · 01:47 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Cool sound guys. Never heard those stuff before. Seems like you're well knowing what you're doing here. Can hear old Deep Purple phrases. Again: Cool!
#4November 10th, 2005 · 03:17 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
nice reggae influence!  i like music that juxtaposes styles that you wouldn't necessarily put together - it makes for a very original and interesting composition.  i particularly how you place a phrase of metal next to a phrase of off-beat, creating a sense of question and answer.

i agree with puppetxeno that this sort of thing often gets boring, but you've just about avoided that pitfall.  This isn't a track i would go out and buy because its not my sort of thing, but objectively speaking, you've got a great song here.

Not so keen on the ending ... you've got a kinda dream theaterish thing going on there, except when they did it, it was in a concept album and had a point!  maybe I'm being a little unfair because I don't know what the voices are saying.

I would be interested to read an English translation of the lyrics.
#5November 10th, 2005 · 06:15 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
France
PuppetXeno wrote…
Interesting, some kind of reggae metal, can't recall having heard anything like it before. Most metal I know of gets to be pretty bothersome after a minute or two, but because of the reggae parts, it's not boring at all. And the samples in the end - are great!

Yea, sounds pretty good, and fresh!

So what's the subject of the lyrics - what's this song about?

thanks a lot for the kind comments, the lyrics are about cultural differences and the benefits of being opened to them, both in music and social life in general, accepting differences and learning from them. Might seem a little vague but I didn't wite the song nad I would have a hard time really translating the whole thing.
#6November 10th, 2005 · 07:10 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Very interesting! Sounds like you have a great bass player. Sounds like everyone gave a great performance and the recording quality sounds pretty good to me, for what I know about it. Nice mix in the ending. Bon chance on your demo! I would love to hear some more songs from you guys and I hope you'll post some more.
#7November 10th, 2005 · 09:38 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
Pas du tout mon genre préféré, mais assez frais... En fait, il y a une bande de Toronto appelé the Degenerates qui joue une un sorte de reggae/dub/rap/metal que ceci me rappelle. Wow. Vraiment tres bien fait.
#8November 11th, 2005 · 05:31 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
France
CreativeControl wrote…
Very interesting! Sounds like you have a great bass player. Sounds like everyone gave a great performance and the recording quality sounds pretty good to me, for what I know about it. Nice mix in the ending. Bon chance on your demo! I would love to hear some more songs from you guys and I hope you'll post some more. 8)
Thank you very much (i'm the bass player and as such not used to get compliments :p you're gonna make me blush) I will post some more, I'd like to post a live recording to get your advice, is it ok with the rules of the website ?
#9November 11th, 2005 · 05:34 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
France
btbowen wrote…
Pas du tout mon genre préféré, mais assez frais... En fait, il y a une bande de Toronto appelé the Degenerates qui joue une un sorte de reggae/dub/rap/metal que ceci me rappelle. Wow. Vraiment tres bien fait.
Merci pour les compliments et la référence, j'essaierais de trouver quelques morceaux de ce groupe, le Canada est un sacré gisement de groupes metal interessants, je me rappelle de Guerilla qui etait venu jouer dans la région chouette concert
#10November 14th, 2005 · 03:43 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Ha HA, it's really cool. Regea and metal. Nice mix.
To be honest, the way the song was set out reminded me of SOAD. I'm liking this, it's interesting. It's hard to get new ideas that don't come out sounding aweful but I think you've done it. Do so well!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.