#1November 8th, 2005 · 12:11 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of
Diary Of Hate

This song is not in a battle

About false friendship...survival as a single strong character.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 8th, 2005 · 01:56 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Good rifts, though I always feel I've heard them before when listning to some metal. The vocalist neads a stronger voice. ther than that, good work.
#3November 8th, 2005 · 03:00 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
The vocals lack good limiter/compression and equalization. Production-wise the only flaw - the instruments sound really well, that's why I find it strange that the vocals sound so far off. Also - the guitar solo seems to pick a few far fetched notes at 4:04. Maybe it's deliberate but it stands out of the rest - as this whole song is packed in tight in metal conformity, it's a bit weird.

Overall not bad, just too bad about the vocals!
#4November 8th, 2005 · 05:03 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Ah! Made me sit up & listen this one. Metal as a genre has generally been done to death so to find something which stands out is rare. So what makes this track stand out ?? OK so not the vocals - agree with what's been said already but read on... The LOTR clip at the front gets your attention, then the guitar part comes in and grabs you again and you're in for the full 4m+

I notice this is from your 2003 demo CD... How was that received ? Did you manage to get it in front of any A&R people ? or wasn't that your intention ?

Assume part of the reason for posting on BandAMP is to get feedback on making what was undoubtably a good demo into a Great Demo ? What lets it down as a demo in amongst all the other demos, is the vocal track (objective opinion here 'cos I can't even get to first base with singing). It's too weak for the song. So you have two choices.... 1) find another singer with a more powerful voice (but pls keep clear of the thrash metal merchants - your song's too good for them), or 2) try to do something with what you've got in the studio. Good use of compression would help (ref. PuppetXeno) - see also the many good posts in the Tech Forums. This may be out of scope for your own equipment so it is probably worth a visit to the pro's (depending on your finances). The song structure is good but I don't think the Right / Left pans work at 0:39 & 1:04. The riff in the chorus at 1:40 is really catchy, so to make it even more memorable I vote some 'chorus' (and maybe some stereo panning?) on the guitar in that riff and again when it appears at 4:07. This gives you a "hook" in the song which you return to at the end, which helps give the song structure more definition.

OK that's enough to be going on with - good luck.
#5November 8th, 2005 · 11:15 PM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
the intro rocks, yanks you right into the song.  the vocals... i agree with what's been said.  i think you could solve a bit of the "weakness" of it by mixing the vocal track differently.

say, bringing the vocal track volume up in the mix, adding a touch more bass to it - or making two of the same vocal track and giving one a close up, dry mix, and the other a slightly distant yet deep, slightly reverby mix.  that's what i would try.

he sounds like he knows how to sing fine.  it just doesn't fit the music as powerfully as it would/should.

the guitars and drums sound great.  and tell your bassist he's doing a good job, even if he doesn't stand out and so i don't notice him, which i suppose is pretty usual, unless he's poppin' a bass solo.. which is always fun...
#6November 9th, 2005 · 06:10 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
cool guitar riffs and drums. Yes, and something wrong with vox...for real...i don't know if its commresion or vocalist fault.
#7November 9th, 2005 · 02:53 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
This is not my style. But the instrumental parts are ok and show a good work. The singer shouldnt sing a lullaby. The voice needs more technique.
#8November 9th, 2005 · 09:02 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
very nice work here. Very sweet riffs you have in there. The structure is what really makes me enjoy the song. Seems like alot of thought went into making the song. NIce solo!
#9November 11th, 2005 · 11:53 AM
10 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Belgium
very nice sound of the instruments especially the drums but the vocals they don't fit that's my opinion for me this is trying to sing like the oldschool metal and I prefere the new vocals that I like in metal are vocals like Trivium,The dillinger escape plan,Cradle of filth,...
#10November 12th, 2005 · 02:14 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
nice sound.  i shant bother repeating what everyone else has said re vocals etc.  it sounds harsh but it struck me as being nothing that i havent heard before.  theres definitely a market out there tho - if you got on board with the right people that would sell.  good luck.
#11November 30th, 2005 · 12:44 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
21 posts
United States of America
I really like the song. The guitar is hot, and the drums push the music to exactly where it should be.

Good job, good song.
#12December 1st, 2005 · 08:49 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Macedonia, Former Yugoslav Republic of
Thanks for the positive replies.
Teh production is that bad because we were in a big hurry to release the demo CD so we made a mistake with the cabling for the mic. that's why the vocals are weak, because it was done with min. 5 filters.
We are planing to release a second demo at the begining of 2006 so then I'll prove that the singer is Good.
In between, I'll upload another song from the first demo.
I would like to ask ARROSEUK what has he ment with the chorus think he talk about, can you be more specific and maybe give me an idea for changing of the song structure.
The way of the singing is not like the new bands because then we'll be like the others, this one sings more like the old power/prog singers from the '80.
#13January 14th, 2006 · 01:59 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
42 posts
Canada
Music is very cool in this song, I have trouble hearing the vocals in parts. But ...Very Good.
#14May 16th, 2006 · 08:43 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Driving chunky monkey very good hope the new mix goes well give that vocalist a real chance to show their metal hahah.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:02 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.