6 posts
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What Is This?

This song is not in a battle

Raise Jericho- What Is This?

A song about:
Some people who accept everything they are told; and
Some people who have the audacity to question

Tell me what you think. Be honest, BRUTALLY HONEST.

RJ

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 3rd, 2005 · 11:33 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
vocals seem too modern for the music- the music sounds like classic rock- then again- who cares? the vocals are fine. despite problems with recording quality, the song is well put together- except at 2:10/15, during the break, the timing seems a little off. still like the riff though, love to hear electric guitar harmony (ex. 311's "Beautiful Disaster"). The vocal harmony is nice, like the keyboard.
couple questions
are the drums digital?
how long did it take to record this?-seems like you put quite a bit of time into getting it juuuuust right.

like the attitude of this song 
#3November 3rd, 2005 · 11:36 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
wait... listened to the song again... sounds like a Huge Boston influence. Major-key, up-tempo, catchy riffs...

correct me if i'm wrong here!
#4November 3rd, 2005 · 01:49 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Yes. A cute song except the technique to use the mic. Dont hold it so tight to your lips. Or you need a plopkiller. It needs work on the phrase at 2:20. It seems that you dont know what to play at this point. The structure is well. If you ever will rerecord this song it would be great to hear the final version. So brutally enough?
#5November 4th, 2005 · 10:06 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Thanks y'all. Yes, I'm sad to say it's a drum machine. It's the best I can do with no $. I can see the Boston connection, but that was certainly not intended. Also, I had to figure out what a "plopkiller" was. The reason I had to hold the mid so close was, sadly again, I had no pre-amp or anything to work with, so I was looking for maximum volume. Thanks again.

RJ
#6November 5th, 2005 · 05:22 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Cool. The organ sounds great. You've done really well for a low budget and with a drum machine. I wouldn't have picked if you hadn't said in your post! Some of those harmonies you really nailed. Keep it up dude!
#7November 5th, 2005 · 07:20 PM
4 posts
United States of America
wow well im not good at being brutally honest.. the vocals seem a little muffled i dont know if they are supposed to be like that, but other than that it is a great rythm and great vocals and overall just great!!
#8November 8th, 2005 · 01:27 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
What kind of mic do you have? I would suggest getting a pre-amp and a Shure mic, the next thing you do. It will make your vocals so much better. And you have a pretty good voice.
Yes, you do have a good ear for vocal and guitar harmony.
I would work on the organ improv around 2:20 and bring it up in the mix only in that part. Also some timing issues during the instrumental part.
Pretty good first job, though.
#9November 9th, 2005 · 09:07 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Not bad and yes deffinitely Boston influence. Reminds me more of something you might here on the pop station down here.
#10November 10th, 2005 · 11:34 AM
7 threads / 6 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
nice one, i like the mix to be honest, blink meets eels
#11November 10th, 2005 · 12:12 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
France
I see potential, hope you can record it someday, with a better guitar and vocal sound and real drums it could be really interesting.
#12November 11th, 2005 · 01:08 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
You heard it
This is a good song, like everyone said, you need to save up and get a good mic. Rest will follow. Hope to hear more from you.
#13November 11th, 2005 · 09:26 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Thanks y'all. Yeah, I have a shure mic, but the one thing I really need is a preamp. I guess since I don't quite understand the idea I have neglected getting one. But I suppose that's what I really need.

RJ
#14November 11th, 2005 · 10:25 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
28 posts
United States of America
re: What Is This?
cool. you've already got a ton of responses from people that know what they are doing, and I agree with most of them  so im just gonna leave it at "good job"
#15November 19th, 2005 · 10:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
really nice... I can't say anything anyone hasn't already said, so I'll just say I like it...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.