1 2

#1November 2nd, 2005 · 05:54 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
Slovakia
Helsinki

This song is not in a battle

My song recorded by me and my band. Production is not that well done, but we recorded it in very provisional conditions. We'd love to hear some comments, so go on guys. And to the title - anyone who knows Muse knows... I simply got inspired by that song...

P.S.  we do not have our drummer here, so this one's a machine....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 3rd, 2005 · 04:31 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice riff -

I'm not very into Muse so I don't know if it sounds anything like it... as long as it's not a complete cover...

The vocal harmonies come out really great, listening through headphones, the production quality isn't bad at all! It's raw, yet therefore powerful. I'm a fan of drum machines. They are much tighter than real drummers, do exactly what you tell them to and don't need to get paid. And - they take up less room in the van. That's why this song goes straight into my itunes lib, ... 

ok so the volume balances could've been better... I think this is great song. Stick with it!
#3November 4th, 2005 · 05:23 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Very cool riff! If you had a real drummer or could be bothered putting some time into programming the machine abit more you could get the drums doing something a bit more interesting, which I think would really spice things up. But yeah think the song is cool and think you should stick with it for sure.
#4November 6th, 2005 · 10:43 AM
3 posts
Iceland
Nice Piece
  Great Riff    and i agree with stavros some more interesting drums would really spice things up 
#5November 7th, 2005 · 12:31 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
damn dude, that's quite a riff you got there. It's like a riff edge would write if he was a metal player.
#6November 7th, 2005 · 03:11 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Maybe heavier bass drums and growlier bass... put some balls under that sweet riff. Vocals seem to get a bit lost once or twice - for example, in the 2:20s. But wow, that's an addictive guitar part. Thanks for a cool track.
#7November 8th, 2005 · 02:17 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Pretty good guitar work. Very nice for a first time. The vocals are good as far as performance, just watch your pitch when you hold notes out. You've got a good harmony going on. I think they could use a little more production on the software end, like bringing them up in the mix and adding some low dB. Reduce the depth in the reverb to give it more of an edge to go along with the music, but keep some reverb to cover up blemishes, if you get my drift.
Look forward to hearing more from you guys.
#8November 10th, 2005 · 12:16 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
France
I can definitely see the muse influence, catchy guitar riff, deserves a better production, vocals sounds a little far away in the background, and the guitar could sound punchier.
#9November 10th, 2005 · 08:22 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Nicely done. As every other band, better than our recordings. Some better drums could help.
#10November 11th, 2005 · 01:12 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Impressive
I love the riff, you have room to improve the bass line I think. Vocals got a tad bit too much reverb, but hey, if thats the way you like it, it sounds great. Good stuff.
#11November 14th, 2005 · 02:45 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
nice riff.  solid and punchy - no messing around.  good vocals too, but could definitely do with being higher in the mix.  a lot of producers seem to forget that the vocal is the melody ... i dont care how good the riff is, the melody is the most important part of any song.

overall, a great sounding track.  quite similar to a lot of its genre, but they sell well so i see no reason why this wouldnt either.  maybe work on finding yourself a better producer.  music like this needs serious balls which this is lacking.  it just ends up sounding a bit weak which is a shame cos it has a lot of potential.
#12November 20th, 2005 · 12:11 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
This rocks... I am thinking this should be a keeper... would love to hear it with your drummer.. perhaps you could do an update later with your drummer??  that would be great...  look foward to more from you....
#13November 25th, 2005 · 12:01 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
sing for Absolution
Actually I'm a big Muse fan - and this Riff sounds like Muse hehe.  
This song is damn fu**ing good :-)
#14November 29th, 2005 · 03:46 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Not nearly enough treble or tone on the guitar, but I'm probably not telling you anything you didn't know...

Everything about this song is very good, the timing, the skill, the clean playing, and if you are just stuck with crappy equipment, at least take solice from the fact that it is a good song!
#15November 29th, 2005 · 03:59 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
14 posts
Slovakia
Thanks to all for such a positive response. Overally of course. I am aware of those flaws. The bass definitely is too quiet, this is going to be swiftly corrected in the next mix.  The thing about the equipment is - the guitars were either recorded directly into the computer or through a bass combo (neither of these is a good solution, as you've heard ) since my guitar combo was absent...     The thing about the drum machine is that i didn't have much time at finishing to ornament the track, on the other hand, our drummer has played drums only for about three years now (three years of semi-intensive playing ) and the track was done for a "video clip" we were going to shoot, so i had to make it playable for him. (but i agree that this is merely an excuse, cuz he's not that bad and boring at all). But once again - thanx & good luck to you too
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.