#1October 30th, 2005 · 09:57 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
Not Sad

This song is not in a battle

This originates from a melody i wrote a few years back that just stuck in my head, so i wrote some lyrics for it and a verse and bridge etc.

i hope you enjoy it )

Tess

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 30th, 2005 · 11:34 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Where are the drums? Great work on the music and the voices. But how I wrote long before, kill the P's and T's by using a "plop killer" or a longer distance to the mic. All in all a very goog song
#3October 30th, 2005 · 03:50 PM
2 threads
3 posts
United Kingdom
re: Not Sad
It sounds like me! udescribe my sis tho
#4October 30th, 2005 · 07:47 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Where are the drums? Great work on the music and the voices. But how I wrote long before, kill the P's and T's by using a "plop killer" or a longer distance to the mic. All in all a very goog song

Or a pair of tights over a coathanger with one end attached to the mic and positioned in front of your mouth when you sing does the trick sometimes
#5October 30th, 2005 · 08:57 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Australia
Tingly Feelings..
Your songs are the only ones on Band Amp that give me that tingly feeling. I can't really explain that feeling but it only really happens when certain notes and tones are sung. Brilliant song. Once again i'll say you really do have potential to make it big. You jus need the right exposure. Good luck with everything. I'd really love some tickets to your concert if you ever came down to Australia.
#6October 31st, 2005 · 12:42 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Great voice.
#7October 31st, 2005 · 12:57 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
sad
tess ive been a proponet of your stuff...
and this is good,,,but what do u think about it?.....was it hurried?
redo...its a good song  but its not moving me.....still got love for your stuff
buzz.....aka rick thanks for the mail and ck out way two long for me ...i think its got promise......gl
#8October 31st, 2005 · 10:07 AM
12 posts
Canada
very nice song, you should put some drums in it.. i like the singing at the chorus, and that little guitar bridge with the stop. very very professional sounding that part. the stop! that was perfectly done. guitar reminds me of some sort of eagles-u2 fusion.

but yeah drums. i think this could make radio. after adding some drums go pitch it at ur local radio station.
#9October 31st, 2005 · 04:51 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Producah n drums
I like your stuff Tess & this is another one in the Pro league songwise. So now I'm gonna pick it to bits (which I only bother doing if I know the end result will be worth the effort - otherwise I just stay silent). Stuff I liked....
- the melody line & song structure
- the panned acoustic guitar in the choruses
- where it all came together around 3:30 ish.
Stuff I would change (IMHO).....
- too many guitars? - acoustic, elec, elec + distortion.. it all got a bit confusing, like you were auditioning guitarists in a studio. lol. I felt that detracted from the song. I think I would add drums/bass to build the sound & not more guitars. Having said that, at around 3:30 the balance was just about there.
- the intro? not sure why but I felt something was missing - (no not drums!) - maybe try record your voice a little 'closer' (for that whispering in your ear type effect?), then bring in some percussion, then into the chorus with the acoustic as is?
- the guitar solos - the auditionees are back? detracted from the song so IMHO superfluous (and I'm a guitarist!)
- the stops - everybody's been raving about the stops (it all goes quiet), how about use just one for maximum effect & put in a key change after ?

...in summary - very good sound from whatever kit you're using (and I'm guessing you didn't cheat & hire Air Studios), catchy song, lotsa hooks. The bar has just been raised yet again. PM me if ramblings not clear or u want to argue any of the above.
#10October 31st, 2005 · 08:59 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
nice voice....very nice voice.  I envy you....I can carry a tune....but not like you.

:O)
#11November 1st, 2005 · 10:52 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
13 posts
Poland
Yea, very good stuff. But adding drums in the later part might make a great improvement.
The other things are vocal P's and T's mentioned by Triton. You should use a windscreen.
And vocals are overdriven on loud wovels - you should make a longer distance between mic and your mouth.
The last thing: you could apply some reverb and compression on vocals
#12November 11th, 2005 · 07:32 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Wow, I know I'm gonna be hearing this song in the future, like on the radio or something, its great!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.