#1October 22nd, 2005 · 04:59 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
The Raven

This song is not in a battle

This is just an idea for a song to acompany the lyrics of the poem "The Raven" By Edgar allan poe...That is the insperation here.  Its Written in E Locrian. I went for a heavy sound. Think I got the sound i was going for. Recorded this with a Ibanez s1520BP Prestige with two EMG-81's and Cakewalk.  I have the drum tracks and the bassline done for it....but its in midi so untill i can get a drummer or my drummer to play this piece and record it im out of luck that way....same with the bass line. Some of the phrases are not so "clean", abit sloppy in places, but this was a first go.  Ill update it later today, as i have not warmed up yet....hehehe Hope you enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 22nd, 2005 · 06:30 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Ugg....
When i uploaded it it sounds.. "mudded together" ill have to try and fix that!
#3October 22nd, 2005 · 12:00 PM
3 posts
United Kingdom
NICE
as a heavy metal fan i love this one dude, get recording and stuff!
#4October 23rd, 2005 · 12:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeah this could be good...

btw are you aware of "tales of mystery and imagination" by the Alan Parson's Project? They did "The Raven" too, very different ofcourse, but if you like Edgar Allan Poe you might want to give it a listen.

cheers
#5October 23rd, 2005 · 04:39 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Ty for the replies
Thanks for the replies guys, to PuppetXeno, I did not know that they did a rendition of the raven, ill have to check it out. TY
#6October 28th, 2005 · 10:13 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Sounds like a Guns N Roses kinda thing. But, I when we read "The Raven" in school, I don't think I was paying attention.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:48 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.