#1October 20th, 2005 · 02:43 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
India
Still trying

This song is not in a battle

its a small piece. It sounds a little discontinuous but it was intended to be that way.
listen to it a couple of times, maybe you'll like it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 20th, 2005 · 08:35 PM
1 posts
India
good work, some potential
its a very different one you have here.
Interesting buildup but i'm not too sure about the transitions. Feels a little incomplete.
its too short. work on it a little more
There's a lot of potential

cheers!

ps: the second riff is very addictive. great work man!
#3October 21st, 2005 · 02:02 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
You should invest in a guitar tuner.  
#4October 22nd, 2005 · 04:52 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Not bad...nice Chord Progessions
Not bad...nice Chord Progessions.  I would work on a more Melodic feel for that piece....but very nice!
#5October 24th, 2005 · 11:23 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
15 posts
India
Punchbear wrote…
You should invest in a guitar tuner.   :)

ouch! 

actually its a bent neck, notes go off pitch when i pluck too hard.
#6November 2nd, 2005 · 11:46 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mood
Interesting ideas, and it kinda feels good to listen to. No melody to get in the way really. I agree about the tuning, and would add- try using a metronome, maybe with a headphone plug-in. Or if you have a nice computer editing system, you can artificially make the piece in-tune again.

RJ
#7November 3rd, 2005 · 11:51 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
actually its a bent neck, notes go off pitch when i pluck too hard.

that souldn't matter, if you take the time to tune it. try searching for a website called "Java Tuner"- its an online tuner i use if i lose my tuner
#8November 30th, 2005 · 09:27 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
even if you have to borrow a mates guitar to record with, you really must sort out the tuning issues.  and yes, a bent neck does put the guitar out of tune - its called intonation and is nothing to do with how hard you pick (its just more noticeable when you play the note harder).  there's nothing more frustrating that a good song recorded out of tune - doesn't matter how good the song is, the audience are still not gonna enjoy it.  its a shame really.

i really think that you would benefit from separating up a coupla ideas in this one and developing them into two separate tracks.  compose a melody (whether vocal or instrumental) that doesn't over shadow your picking but will still add interest to the accompaniment, and try to work with a single idea by developing and changing them.  i think the crucial thing is that your music must sound like a conversation.  by that i mean that each section of a song should sound like your still talking about the same topic.  at the moment, this piece sounds like your saying "the weathers nice today" and then "the square route of 4 is 2" rather than "the weathers nice today" followed by "i think I'm going to go to the beach".

does that make sense?  its a hard thing to try and communicate in a message on a forum.  i just think that if you can understand that concept and apply it to your composition, it will help you dramatically.  keep at it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.