1 2

#1October 19th, 2005 · 05:01 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Grudge
Score: 82.0%
Battle: 2006-10

There are days I feel alone, there are tears I couldn't hide... and so on. I would greatly appreciate if you could give me some feedback on the tune as I can't say anything objective aobut it cause I've listened to it too many times. One of my friends did the solo, the rest is by me.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 19th, 2005 · 11:50 PM
5 posts
Hong Kong SAR
Great work,man,that's a absolutely a good song!
#3October 20th, 2005 · 12:01 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Australia
good song
nice song mate, best song ive heard on here so far
#4October 20th, 2005 · 11:04 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Great job again! My opinion is to experiment with different synth sounds, bc I think the one towards the end doesn't fit in, or maybe just bringing it down in the mix. But either way, awesome song and great lyrics!
#5October 20th, 2005 · 02:02 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Hey Jim

You did it again. I love your weired chords. Again great effects on the guitar and a wonderful simple synth. Great!
#6October 29th, 2005 · 09:22 PM
3 posts
United States of America
hey its not my thing... but for a blues/ popish  sounding song its cool
#7November 1st, 2005 · 12:22 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
Cool song! Man, your getting some great sounds there from all of your instruments. Keep up the good work!
#8November 1st, 2005 · 12:50 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
That's some good synth, but you've already been told that.
Some of your vocals remind me of The Beatels, some of Pinkfloyed. I liked it, all instruments were used well and the sound came together well.
#9November 8th, 2005 · 05:21 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Another great job. I like the way the melody doesn't go where you expect. Interesting comparisons from Moses (above) which I have to agree with (assuming that's The Beatles & Pink Floyd). How good a compliment is that !!!
#10November 8th, 2005 · 11:18 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
very nice song

the only constructive criticism is that the drums are a little bit lost in the mix - i'd really like to have those cymbals "right there" if you know what i mean...

actually i think the synth sound fits very well - i quite like it - though i think that synth solo should get a little more time, either give it one short lick or let it solo for about twice as long (which is not long anyway since the current solo is short)

i think the contrast between the distortion types is a little confusing and i'm not sure how to remedy that... the distortion seems a little bit "fuzzy" overall, which is not a bad thing but the rest of the song is very crisp and clear like the drums and the vocals and bass, and so the that fuzzy type of distortion that gets used should maybe be switched to a crisper thicker crunchy kind of distortion... not sure if that explains it well enough but that's what i'd like to hear... and maybe put some background synths doubling the chords to add texture and depth like maybe some strings or just anything that fits and meshes in right...

for being not an american you've sure got a good accent and you say/sing your english lyrics very well
#11November 9th, 2005 · 06:05 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
welllll....I liked it   Guitar FX were nice. It was something like tremmelo. And the solo on the acustic guitar is great. You have a nice friend guitarist 
#12November 9th, 2005 · 06:46 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
stuffx wrote…
You have a nice friend guitarist  :)

Well, thank you. I'm glad you liked my guitar style.

Thanks Eth - I know what you mean about the distortion. However, I was trying more to build a kind of a wall of sound than to give the song crispiness. Anyway, I appreciate all the comments. If I'm rerecording this tune I'll surely take it into consideration.

Jim
#13November 14th, 2005 · 07:05 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Tremolo
This is great track, tremolo effect goes excellent with this tune. Great job on the mixing too.
#14November 17th, 2005 · 10:43 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Australia
fantabulous
this good.definately.
#15December 18th, 2005 · 10:31 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
is it my gear maybe that i think there is too much bass/lo freq. ?
thought that could be also why the drums sounds so far away.
But again great work!
some of your work do remind me of the album 'damnation' from Opeth, which i liked a lot too(it is their only album I like, the rest is too much for me) But you have defenitly also your own character, i mean , it is not that i think you sound just like them
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.