1 2

#1October 7th, 2005 · 05:33 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
Still Walking

This song is not in a battle

Not all music has to be serious ... !  Hope you all enjoy this one!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 7th, 2005 · 07:01 AM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
I am a big proponent of the sentiment you've expressed "Not all music has to be serious" as you may be able to tell from my "compositions".  Anyhoo, you have a great groove going here.  Nice guitar sound.  Occasionally a Spanish sound.  Good laid back style to the vocals and lyrics.  Nice.
#3October 7th, 2005 · 01:28 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I can't help but I have to play with a b3-sound in the background. A funky little song. not nice, but very nice!
#4October 8th, 2005 · 11:36 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
TIGHT guitar playing! You certainly brought a smile to my face. I just don't know what to think about you, I don't know what to say, you have an ability for expression and relating those feelings thru your songs, I just don't know what to say.
And of course, watch your pitch ie 1:18 & 1:25...
Well, you've done it again. Glad to see you back. Keep it real.
#5October 14th, 2005 · 03:10 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
re: Still Walking
randomdave wrote…
Not all music has to be serious ... !  Hope you all enjoy this one!
...like the guitar dave nice vocal line...nice melody.....sounds like a smile!
#6October 15th, 2005 · 09:43 PM
6 posts
Canada
GOOD GUITAR
nice evenly flow bout fucking not my thing man
#7October 16th, 2005 · 01:42 AM
1 threads
12 posts
United States of America
Nice song man. Liking the groove and melody.

Nothing big but the guitar sounded kinda sloppy around 3:00. It actually scared me. But I liked the guitar work after that. I was just thinking, "I  hope he has a bridge sometime soon." and there was that cool guitar section
#8October 28th, 2005 · 03:32 AM
8 posts
Philippines
wow.. this song is really catchy.... nice guitar playing. tho' i think ive heard this song on the radio before.. lol.

really nice guitar playing.
#9October 31st, 2005 · 01:56 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
i can assure you its original.  what does it remind you of?
#10December 6th, 2005 · 08:12 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
43 posts
Venezuela
This rythm is really good...i like it 
#11December 8th, 2005 · 04:40 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
United Kingdom
I wrote you a long review and then the site said 'fatal error' when I tried to post it.  So, to sum up: you rock, obviously.  Fabulous guitar part.  Really nice vocal improvisation, you're getting much more confident with playing around with the tune and it really works with this style.  Not a huge fan of the guitar solo bit because I think it's not necessary and sounds a bit show-offy, but that's a minor criticism and it would probably work better with more instrumentation behind it anyway.  And the production is lovely, I like the amount of reverb (which is odd because usually I think you use too much!), 'tis all round brilliant.
#12December 9th, 2005 · 04:06 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Very Joe Jackson!  Your guitar playing is great - just the vocals are a bit on the "wobbly" side.  But the song itself is really good.
#13December 9th, 2005 · 07:32 AM
4 posts
United Kingdom
nice sounding song, could do with more instruments to fill the sound out, its almost as if its a scratch track to a bigger song
#14December 9th, 2005 · 10:06 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I definitely like the guitar, even though this isn't my type of genre. You have a lot of talent there. Adding a few more instruments to back you up would get this song a porffessional rating out of me.
#15December 9th, 2005 · 10:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
the funny thing I've noticed about your music is that the compositions themselves are really good, and the recording techniques involved are absolutely adequate, but the way it's mixed... it just doesn't do it for me...

When I listen to this I'm instantly thinking up alternate mixes of the takes like you have them now... I'd love to tinker with your tracks like you have them now, because the takes are "ab fab" certainly, I just am not getting the mixes...

the music, the song is really good - your play, everything, only issue imo is the mix!

regards, - moi

ps still giving you a good rating ofcourse let that be obvious!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.