#1September 16th, 2005 · 06:12 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Stink

This song is not in a battle

This track has everything... except vocals. Feel free to skip around after listening to a bit of intro.
here are the (relatively) interesting parts:

1. 0:40 -intrumental chorus
2. 1:46 -breakdown/solo

i know there are problems with this track... but i want to see what you catch! feel free to make a list and be specific ( "dude, that sucks," doesn't qualify as specific, but if needs to be said...)

soon i will be recording at a new site, on a new computer, etc.
Thanks everyone!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 16th, 2005 · 06:49 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
wanted to follow both of the solos but was hard; guess u must listen the whole of the section and try to follow nothing. if the idea was to make a more filled solo, what i'd do is to make one solo, but faster ( i think is my obsesion for that: if u listen my songs u'll realize that they r olny one but fast-trying solo)
the idea is good, but donw like the guitars sound. feel them fake. i would add a bit of reverb or chorus in both guitar ( riff ans solo) to give more body to the tune; sounds quite "cut". but the idea is good. also i'd add vocal parts, just to make it more varying.
btw, i like the chords progression, but as i said, i' like the idea.

PS: need a strongest bass.
#3September 16th, 2005 · 07:02 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
thanks for the post!
you're right about the solo: one (lead) guitar should work. i guess two guitars helps me compensate for my lack of skill.

i also like the idea of speeding up the pace of the song for the solo, and of course, i need a louder bass!

thanks for the response
#4October 6th, 2005 · 02:58 PM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
Review
Allo,

First off, it aint bad and be able to admit it to yourself! Dont worry about lack of skill and all that, we all wish we could play better than we can - its just the way we think. But look at heads like cobain, he could barely wrestle an axe and if it werent for the shotgun he might have taken over the world! Keep at it bud. Lay vocals and get it finished.
#5October 16th, 2005 · 02:27 AM
1 threads
12 posts
United States of America
I agree with everything said here, but I just wanted to add that the timing is not all together in the beginning but it seems to have worked itself out by the second half. Keep at it, it could turn into something. Did you play all the instruments?
#6October 24th, 2005 · 08:12 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
i played the guitars, wrote it, but drums are samples.

after recording this song, i got FL studio 5.0, and am gonna use that for all of my subsequent songs.
#7January 13th, 2006 · 04:10 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
23 posts
Netherlands
well
i dont make that much money with music, but  its getting better; iam the rythm guitarist and 21 years old.
So if you know some great gigs we will cross the ocean.

Greats Jeroen
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.