1 2

#1September 15th, 2005 · 10:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
The Passing

This song is not in a battle

This is a song of mourning. Created in my "gothic heyday" a couple of years back. I've tried to put in extra dreariness with the out-of-tune vocals... I may not be that much of a singer but I did this on purpose.  I'm curious if this works for anyone - and what you think of the song, as a whole.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 16th, 2005 · 04:26 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Very ambient feel to the drums and vox, sounds wide. Really, really, don't like that dirty piano sound, though. In all an interesting track!
#3September 16th, 2005 · 05:33 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Yeah, I can appreciate the feeling and the song. I'm not too crazy about the keyboard/s, though. I've listened to some other songs that you've posted and you definetly have an engaging style interesting music.
#4October 12th, 2005 · 04:48 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow, thanks, that's really nice...

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to create all new music lately, so I've just posted some things I created not too long ago. I've been playing around with weird techno things lately, but I'm not quite satisfyable about my attempts in that general direction.

I agree, when I'll be recording new songs I'll try to cut down on the dirt and grittyness a little (just not all of it, cause it IS part of my style)!

thanks!
#5October 12th, 2005 · 09:42 PM
3 posts
United States of America
I like the sound and the vocals are ok.  I'm just not into that style of music.
#6November 13th, 2005 · 12:55 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
56 posts
Latvia
Yeah  That thing with vox is great. Sound spooky  ......and the drums are all right
#7December 14th, 2005 · 06:01 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Love the way u used that piano, like the sphere!
#8December 29th, 2005 · 06:37 PM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
I listened a few times to this.... That piano is soooo freaky. I love it. It scared me but I love it.  Hehe. If this is how you feel/felt inside man, what a happy man am I? ;-)
#9December 30th, 2005 · 04:23 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
........... anyways yea I do create songs from the deep insides of me, and yes someone precious died, but that was years before I wrote it, and it's only half based on that particular occasion. So it's a mix of reality and fiction, and in reality, I'm more realistic about death and life than what I'm showing in the lyrics. I was on a severe "goth" mode when I recorded this song.

but thanks for your comments!

BTW we should definately try to mix up some songs together

that'll be really something!
#10December 30th, 2005 · 07:51 AM
96 posts
United States of America
i personalyy would say this my most favorites song from you!!! awsome work - i personally am into goth anything wether i am IN a goth mode or not - i love black - oh goth!

anyways - i give you it all man!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrreat work
#11March 8th, 2006 · 04:30 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
yea i think the piano is the best part! i love it!
#12March 8th, 2006 · 04:34 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
Italy
yeah, the piano is wonderful! genial.
#13March 9th, 2006 · 12:41 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
So, I've just listened to Devo's remix and came back for the original.  Although the remix sounds a bit more "complete"  this one is much more "personal" more human...

The piano sounds perfect with the detune vocals. The vocals are a bit too loud for me though (?).

Dry and nice 
#14March 9th, 2006 · 07:46 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Ghost town,...and the piano part is brilliant.
Its a ghost playing on a piano.
Gives me the creaps,..great job indeed.
#15March 9th, 2006 · 09:23 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
PUP...this song feels pretty powerful for me. As I listened to it, I began to get chills. I had to listen to it over and over, as I was so unexpectedly drawn in to the mood of the song that I was unable initially to notice the musicianship. If you intended to challenge the listener to go to some pretty dark places, you succeeded with me. On successive replays, I was able to hear the musicianship...the complex rhythms, the choices of instruments, the placement of the swelling ghostly choruses, the "out of tune" almost-spoken lead vocals, the spooky, almost machine-like piano parts. Very skillfully crafted.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.