#1September 14th, 2005 · 08:03 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
Can't Find My Way

This song is not in a battle

This is my first song. Don't know if it's any good or not, so please help me. Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 14th, 2005 · 10:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
For a first song, this is a good start. Congrats, you have reached the "audible campfire song" status! However there is a long long road ahead of you if you aim to create completely arranged and well recorded songs. Way too much to write down here, but you could start by properly tuning your guitar, practice your singing voice and do some minor research on songwriting theory (not too much, that'll spoil your originality, but just enough to avoid the most common pitfalls), and after that you could try to enhance your recording process - p.e. by using a simple multitracker (or freeware multitracker program) so you can add layers and depth to your songs.

That's it for now. Good luck!
#3September 14th, 2005 · 09:36 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I think it would be good if you could a few more instruments probably a piano or keyboard. Somehow the mood of the guitar is not going with the mood of the vioce. Otherwise a decent song.
#4September 14th, 2005 · 09:38 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
On retrospection I think I like the song more than I thought. I am not sure why though.
#5September 16th, 2005 · 01:03 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
...and then it was gone. Did u run out of cassette ? sorry, just kidding. A bit harsh from the French jury I thought   but you are up against some top recordings on this site. Sounded like a "one-take" to me ? Have a browse in the Gear forum for some very good tips on home recording equipment and techniques. A good first step may be a studio quality condenser mic, to make your voice sound more intimate. Would work wonders on the guitar too. Don't get disheartened. I takes mucho determination to put your work out there for all to see (hear). How many songs have I uploaded yet ?
#6September 16th, 2005 · 01:48 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well I didn't mean that in a bad way... and I am not so much french, more like dutch.
#7October 14th, 2005 · 06:36 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
106 posts
United States of America
Tracks
You may want to get a decent mixer, software maybe, record the guitar and vocals on two separate tracks and mix em down. That way you can play around with the recording, clean it up, add effects, etc. Keep at it. Dont know what you are using to record the songs, but I can tell you will learn a lot in the next songs you make, if you really want to that is.  Have fun.
#8November 27th, 2005 · 09:36 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
You have a very very cute voice when you are singing in the verses. It sounds a bit nosy when you are loud in the expressive parts. Don't do that. With a good recording you can be low on volume and then you'll see (hear) that your voice can sound very clear without pressure. Good vibes on it. A good song. Upload more
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.