#1September 14th, 2005 · 03:38 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Candylane

This song is not in a battle

Basically, this is the first time I have tried to record anything with more than just myself and an acoustic guitar. The vocals and lead guitar on the track sound a liitle weak to me, but I guess you can be the judge. Please let me know what you think, I'm a little lost on how to improve this track.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 14th, 2005 · 06:27 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
I'm afraid I have no ear for mixing.
But I can say I think the guitar sounds great, I like the percussion and great voice.
#3September 14th, 2005 · 03:17 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds nice, vocals in my mind are actually close to the best produced vocals I've heard so far on bandamp. And anyone here can tell you I'm fussy.

They have clarity, and unless you have very good mic control are compressed well. The  fairly subtle reverb you are using gives a spacious feel without the typical ugly, brittle reflections that is a common mistake. It also sounds like you have a de-esser in there because the vocals are smooth and sit in the mix nicely without any nasty peaks - or perhaps your singing style is not too percussive. Musically the vocals are quite expressive, I wouldn't say they were weak.

The guitars sound pretty nice. Lead is simple but suits the song. I wouldn't consider it 'weak' either on its own but it comparison to the rest of the song I guess it is. It would really be nice if it shined.

The only minor problem in my opinion is the percussion. Sounds nice, fits well, but doesn't quite cut through the mix as it should.

Anyway, great stuff and I look forward to hearing more.
#4June 28th, 2006 · 11:36 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
writing as I listen...

agreeing with dave on all of his comments regarding the mix.

I like this song.

like your other song... awesome vox.

I would have liked to hear a bursting.. loud.. thing... some sort of instrumental break maybe?

oh wait... there it is... nevermind...

heh heh.. very nice.
#5November 27th, 2006 · 08:28 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
Pleasant
Nice song with a nice light pulse and a calming voice..
#6November 30th, 2006 · 11:53 AM
10 posts
Portugal
Artistic
I really like the vocals, it's a very nice voice and it suits the mellow-y tunes of the song. The lyrics aren't very original, but they are pretty nonetheless, albeit sad. All in all, it's a very good tune. The vocals aren't weak at all, they give heart to the song.
#7December 15th, 2006 · 09:31 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Great stuff!
Absolutely no beef with the vocals, they're very individual and listenable, soothing even.  I'd normally make a comparison at this juncture but I don't need to because the voice is so it's own.
#8December 15th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Love the percussion, and the lyrics...
and her little pink dress smiles all by itself...i hope i heard that right. pure genious that line.
#9December 15th, 2006 · 12:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What a beautiful song.
I'd love to know how you get your vocals as crisp as they are, they are clear to the bone.
I do try and sing my own lyrics so this is a serious question.
#10December 15th, 2006 · 12:18 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I should say immaculate work!
Yes Doll I hear the same line and agree it's real good.
I'm so fussy I can't help, it's just a bit soft for my style, I'd like it to take off somewhere, maybe I'd play the guitar solo not so sweet, you know what I mean?
But that's just me, the song is perfect
#11December 15th, 2006 · 12:50 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
Nice
Hmm this song makes me wanna just shut off the lite, and listen, great job !

Nice vocal percussion and mix !.
#12December 15th, 2006 · 01:22 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this is a really beautiful song. great construction, very atmospheric play and vocals. that percussion in there sounds ace. I love it!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 2:44 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.