1 2

#1September 11th, 2005 · 02:05 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Midas Touch

This song is not in a battle

My best song ( I guess). Progressive rock, with celtic staff. I love the song, just that I must add the lyrics, but i wanted ur opinion before adding lyrics, so then i make it with the oficial song.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 11th, 2005 · 09:30 PM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
The flute...
...Sounds fake and repetitive (Synth? ) The guitar sounds good. I feel it more like new age by the way.
#3September 14th, 2005 · 03:53 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
i only played the guitar parts, the rest is with a software.... may be ur right it's a bit repetitive, but u must concider the lack of lyrics...
i want feedback to then record vocals with the rite structure and song
#4September 14th, 2005 · 04:38 PM
re: Midas Touch
Iszil wrote…
My best song ( I guess). Progressive rock, with celtic staff. I love the song, just that I must add the lyrics, but i wanted ur opinion before adding lyrics, so then i make it with the oficial song.

Its not bad, it sounds like a riverdance song and its a little repetative. But I can tell you put alot of hard work in it.
#5September 16th, 2005 · 07:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
... and all of a sudden it sounds like Mike Oldfield. inspite of the mix quality, the timing (and being without vocals: the repetitiveness) the basic idea is very good. I like that flute! And the celtic feel (which makes it Mike Oldfield like).

I wonder what kind of vocal line would fit the music. Basic grunting ?   Or typical hard rock, screamed from the top of your voice ?  Or perhaps classical opera-style, in gaelic? hhhmmm... 
#6September 16th, 2005 · 09:42 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
in fact, i was inspired in celtic music, but didn't know Mike Oldifield. and once again, i say that repetitivness is coz of lack of lyrics, and i think ( and hope) that as I record the vocal parts, it'll be gone.
i was thinking that vocal parts would be like some John Anderson ( Yes) voice; hi and warm, or smth like Geddy Lee ( Rush); hi, as well, but with more strenght. or wa think bout mixing a hi-voice, with falsete, with a low voice; i mean, singing the vocal 2 times: hi and low... also was thinking bout to make some ambientals voices... just ideas
 well, if u have a better idea, i'd be pleased to know them.
#7September 16th, 2005 · 01:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
The funny thing is: Micosis made the association with new age; Mike Oldfield also is commonly associated with new age. I'm not referring to his "hit songs" Shadow on the Wall, To France or Moonlight Shadow, but more to his sound scape albums Tubular Bells (I, II, III), Hergest Ridge, (Crisis) and Amarok for instance, in which he often, during his 45 minutes lasting masterpieces, takes trips to celtic arrangements which sound quite similar to your Midas Touch (except ofcourse with a bit more layer and professionally recorded, but never mind that now).

Really, I enjoy your style. There's a lot of things you can work on though but I'm quite sure you're aware of this.

Layered vocals can be nice in this song. Ambiance may work just as well as vocals from a heavy-metal point of view. It's all up to you.

greetz...
#8October 11th, 2005 · 12:34 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
that synth has got to go dude.
#9October 18th, 2005 · 06:31 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Nice!!!
I really liked it. I would suggest turning down the pan flute synth. Keep it up Iszil!!!
#10October 19th, 2005 · 04:46 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Personally, I would play the flute part on an overdriven guitar. The whole song would sound more cohesive, and I would make the song a bit shorter or put some kind of a  brigde there to make it more interesting. The tune is pretty good, I think. Good luck to you.
#11October 28th, 2005 · 06:49 AM
3 posts
Australia
good
i love celtic so it was cool, yea add lyrics to it and will make a big difference. good guitar work. song possibly a bit long without change but overall not bad
#12October 28th, 2005 · 07:01 AM
1 threads
3 posts
United Kingdom
jethro tull, in the andes, meets mike oldfield. the mix is pretty much spot on. except i would lose the crazy lead in the middle it gets quite muddy. all said and done it is a good, if , for my tastes, odd mixture. im not quite sure what you were aiming for. you say it needs lyrics, i think you`ll have big problems should you try and put words to it, why? well ill give you my opinion, lyrics need a melody and any more melodies in that mix are going to get lost. you`re an axe man that much is obvious stick with it you`re good.
#13October 30th, 2005 · 04:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
didnt understand to much what Schys ment, but at least one person realized of my influence from Ian Anderson, from Jethro Tull. the idea was to make a celtic rock song, that's what jethro does... well, if u bother to explain better what u meant, Schys, i'd be pleased (concider i'm from Chile) lol
well, thaxs for feedback, and vote... lol, once again
#14March 8th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I rarely comment on anything that was posted before I joined Bandamp - but am making an exception in this case!
The obvious Mike Oldfield sound aside (I'm amazed you've not heard of him Iz!), there is some great phrasing here.
The main reason for commenting though, is that I think this song has inspired me to dust my flute off, and try playing that again.......... Ian Anderson eat your heart out!!!
#15May 25th, 2006 · 09:42 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
harmonies
I really like this one. I think it's the best one I've heard form you. Love the flute(maybe back it into the mix a little, then give it a big room reverb). love the change up to the acoustic with the flute still going.  imo if I was playing the lead gttr solo, don't think I'd shred the solo. Probably would try to find a tasty melody kinda lead or a dual lead with the guitar and flute in harmony would be cool.  Their is real talent in your song writing though
that's for sure.  Great drums again. I may just start sending you some tracks and have you  put in the drums, and some guitar stuff, if your interested.  damn I got long in the type.
oh yeah, you could easily get vocals going, back out the solo flute, and guitar, let the vocals carry the the melody. anyway just some ideas I hear.  Another great song by you
                                                                  Greg
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 8th, 2024 · 10:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.