#1September 6th, 2005 · 05:23 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
wdyktg?

This song is not in a battle

This songs title is actually "where do you keep the gun?"
I made this one while residing at a friends place, I brang my computer over since I bring it where ever I may go, and I busted out this song during my stay at his place...I dont know where to take it from the state its in...suggestions?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2005 · 08:28 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
you need to become a beat master now

start really experimenting with beats and how to groove them up - your songs are great, but they need some beats - like aphex twin style... or better yet... "you" style... whatever works... just add some funk
#3September 6th, 2005 · 08:41 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
one thing that i think my ex-drummer was a master of (despite the fact that he was a drum master PERIOD) was using silence as well as using the sounds.

granted, i think that's a quality that can help ANY intrument, but i'm talking about the percussion here.  you've certainly got a start, and like you said, you're looking for suggestions.

so, working off of what entheon just said, i'd suggest using double-timing or silence (like i started off saying ).  by silence, i mean skipping a hit or something to give it synchapation in a few consecutive measures or something.  things like that get my brain to notice the percussion line in a song.  it makes it stand out.

i liked out everything but that plucking lead backed off for the end, but up until then, the percussion just kept chugging away, unchanged all the way through.  my suggestion would be to add that "funk" that entheon talked about, and (in order to do that) try experimenting with syncapation and / doubletiming little snippets of the drum line.  basically, the idea i have about drums is that you should have more than just a measure or two that loop all the way through.  if you ask me, that's pretty boring.  that's why i despise most rap and similar genres, b/c it's got zero change all the way through.

anyway, i just think it'd be great to hear something a little more energetic in a "pattern" sense.  by "energetic" i don't mean banging on the freakin hi-hat like lots of people like to do (thank you for NOT doing that), but rather just playing with patterns more often.  good luck!!
#4May 25th, 2008 · 08:32 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
I think if I was high and listening to this song (I never did drugs before, so yeah), this song would scare me. It's kind of weird, in a good way. Very simple, but still good.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.