#1September 5th, 2005 · 11:42 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Slipping on sines

This song is not in a battle

I produced this piece in hopes of it being used in a games soundtrack, but they never returned my calls...It was all made in garageband

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2005 · 03:51 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I like the ambient you've created, both the arpeggios and the bass line and that spacial guitar towards the middle works really good.
I'd like the volume of the percussion to be a bit lower.
It'd be really good to hear some more of your stuff.
#3September 6th, 2005 · 08:25 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
yup, percussion is way too loud in the mix... dominates everything... bring it down about 50% it'll just coast underneath and retain that ambient feel...

other than that it's a great song, great feel... and I can't wait for the non-percussion heavy version - I'll really be able to kick to that

I feel like a heavy - but again very quiet background beat should slam in somewhere - like a BOWWWMM buh buh CHIck tsata BOWWWM buh buh CHik kind of syncopated simple rock-ish drum'n'bass style thing...
#4September 6th, 2005 · 08:28 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Well...
I completely agree with you both, it does need to be toned down in the percussion area, I will have the new version up soon.
#5September 6th, 2005 · 11:56 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Chilled stuff, I like the composition. Gotta second the opinion on the drums though. I can  improve things like that at the mastering stage though, but always better to get the balance right first.

To be honest, I think the main problem is that horrible hi-hat that you have got hammering away. I recommend working on your drum production, particularly moving that hat out the centre of your mix - and also adjusting the velocity of the hits independently to give a more  natural feel.

Take care, and I look forward to hearing more! My favourite is that 'stuttering' distortion guitar, it really fits nicely.
#6August 5th, 2008 · 10:44 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
3 posts
Canada
Man, that bass line just worked perfectly. But I have to agree with Dave about that hi-hat... Try randomizing the velocity a little more.
#7September 12th, 2008 · 11:14 PM
3 posts
United States of America
Very Nice!
This track is perfect for a game! Nicely produced, and gives a nice, smooth, atmosphere. I think you should produce a collection of tracks like this to be used for games, like a sort of portfolio to present. I don't see how they could deny you!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 2:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.