#1September 2nd, 2005 · 06:49 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Now That You're Gone

This song is not in a battle

This is the newly released studio version of now that you're gone. It has a lil bit to tweek like adams volume on the second verse but overall great song

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 2nd, 2005 · 09:11 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
hmm... this is your "studio" version? huh... sounds like it needs a lot of work... as far as the raw indie feel that it's probably supposed to have, i get that... but... there are numerous things that need to be tweaked... i personally hate that guitar distortion, it grates the nerves, sounds really bad IMO... the rhythm overall is a little slip shod, in places you guys could be a lot tighter... guitar has some minor tuning issues... i kinda like the song otherwise though, it's an admirable attempt... i just don't think it sounds like a real honest to goodness studio version... home studio version yeah... but "studio" implies to me that you will have a producer there coaxing the best performances out of you - and IMO you guys really did not execute the best performances you could have come up with... good idea, good attempt... but back to the drawing board
#3September 3rd, 2005 · 10:15 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
yeah it is our own producing with our own mixing board. so thats why its not as professional
#4September 4th, 2005 · 04:33 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
To be honest I wouldn't consider it 'mixed' or 'produced' as much as 'recorded'. Drums sound ok but are panned strangely and don't have alot of presence. The distorted guitar is ugly. Vocals are surprisingly good, but again let down by the production. However, I think a good mastering job could improve this markedly. In fact I'm gonna give it a go now Golden rule is to get it right at the mixing stage, though. Besides my mastering is far from pr0

I suggest you listen to 'commercial' tracks you like the sound of as a benchmark for stereo positioning and levels of the different elements. You also need to do alot of ground work on EQ and compression to bring this in line with a more professional sound.

Composition of the track is pretty sound, as is the playing. Entheon picked up on a few timing issues which can only be improved with practise.

Interesting thing is, with a *true* 'studio' version I can envisage this sounding pretty hot! Best of luck, and I look forward to hearing more
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.