#1September 2nd, 2005 · 06:36 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
Evening Sky

This song is not in a battle

This is a piece of music that i made for my GCSE composition, but i ended up just not using it, and using something else instead.  I went and finished this tho after my GCSEs.

I started off with piano parts, and then added keyboard drums and bass.  I then came up with the guitar parts over the top.

Thanks again for listening.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 2nd, 2005 · 10:23 AM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
good job
This song had a good melody, to relax, fly and imagine
itīs rich in textures, moments. I like it.

well done, I wait more songs from you
#3September 2nd, 2005 · 12:09 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
It's nice and chilled, with a pretty pleasant sound. It slips out of time in places namely on the piano (if it's MIDI, I suggest you quantize it properly). The lead guitar fits pretty well, but seeing as it is the main melodic focal point of the track it is a shame that is has no real variation (namely in terms of pitch range) - other than a slight switch to an ugly autowah - or any 'balls' to keep interest. Just my opinion.

Overall, I think its a sweet track with good all-round composition. I'd like to hear a far more 'confident' lead line in there, it doesn't have to be flashy or loud, just some more use of dynamics and a willingness to experiment a little I think would do some good. I can tell by your musical ear that you can do this!

I had a good chillout listening to this, and I look forward to hearing more tracks from you.
#4November 1st, 2005 · 05:16 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
i agree completely with everything dave said.  the guitar part sounds really shy ... like you didnt want to experiment, didnt wanna give it a phat sound and didnt really want to put it high enough in the mix to actually be heard!  i like the really laid back drum part and i like the fact that its a mile back in the mix.  it gives it a really chilled out vibe.  try varrying your chord progressions a little.  read entheons tutorial about substitutions - thats well worth taking on board.

so in conclusion, the melody needs to sound more confident, your ideas need to be more varried and you need to post more!  good stuff.
#5November 24th, 2005 · 11:53 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
4 posts
Poland
Interesting
Nice song, slow, but not boring. There is always something interesting happening so it is nice to listen.
I like it, keep it up!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.