Watch Out Now

This song is not in a battle

a friend of mine was having wife trouble,I ended up writing this song about it

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 1st, 2005 · 06:46 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
these sounds all blend really well with each other.  i like the constant flow, especially with that guitar interlude about half way through the mix.

i think it would be lots cooler if there was some sudden tempo and key change after that interlude though, and turned it into a completely different beat.  as much as i like the flow of the whole thing,  it doesn't ever ... really go anywhere.  you could also give the vocal more strength and pitch variation during a chorus.  as is, the changes aren't very noticeable.

still good though!
#3September 1st, 2005 · 09:35 AM
10 threads / 9 songs
44 posts
United States of America
Very Simon & Garfunkel-y...

I dig it!
#4October 11th, 2005 · 06:31 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
17 posts
Canada
love it
great song grrrrrrrreaaat
#5October 31st, 2005 · 02:14 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
nice idea - a little repeative but it makes for great background music.  some more strength and emotion in the vocal would really boost this composition.  the singer almost sounds a little ... well ... not-bothered about it!  especially words like "deep in her heart she doesnt really care for you" need a lot more emotion.  i mean - if you just read those words without hearing the song, its heart-wrenching, yet the singer doesnt sound particularly fussed!
#6July 26th, 2010 · 12:47 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Nice song. The music is great, love the riff you've got and the harmonies on the chorus. The lyrics could use a bit of work I think. Some of the rhymes are a bit rudimentary, particularly the verses, and I think you're missing out on a chance to write something richer, though it would probably mean being more specific emotionally. All in all though, great work. Also, just realized your name. Love the Strawbs assuming that's who you're referring to, go English prog go.
#7July 26th, 2010 · 07:39 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Watch Out Now
strawbfan wrote…
a friend of mine was having wife trouble,I ended up writing this song about it

Watchin from the outside ...........

nice perspective .........

Very nice song ........ well constructed.......great harmonies...

Im getting a very mushy bass sound though ........... maybe its my gear .....but the bass sound isnt well seperated and kinda booms/rings throughout .......... Ive played with eq and get same effect at most levels..

Nice One

fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.