1 2

#1August 30th, 2005 · 04:01 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
A Space In Time

This song is not in a battle

Another one-day, software-distortion effort with crappy fruityloops drums, I was going to wait until I get my studio shiat together before I uploaded anything else here but I had fun making this so I thought I'd upload it for the next battle.

It's essentially just over three minutes of me improvising rock soloing over a backing track that I made. The intro (aside from the basis of the finger-tapping) is the only part of the lead that was planned before I started recording. There is four guitars in total, plus the bass (that was also played on my electric guitar). I did the lead in one take again so there will be the odd mistake.

I hope you like it, its mostly just experimentation with a few different melodies/harmonies. Nothing too flash on the guitar,  aside from some faster soloing bits, some finger tapping later on, and my favourite bit is at 3m 03 where I did some kind of artifical harmonic and whammied it

Oh, and I know the drums are shite. And the guitar slipped out of tune a little for the harmonics during the finger-tapping bit so they sound a little ugly - but I cant be bothered to rerecord because I will be redoing it when I get my equipment sorted anyways. I also need a new guitar!

Please give me any feedback you can!

Peace

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 30th, 2005 · 04:46 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
geez... Sure came together well, considering, I think you critique it enough yourself.
You are very talented. Everyone should know that now. Play me something seriously mournful. I'm in a feeling-it kinda mood. I'm sure with your skills, well...I can just hear the guitar sobbing.
#3September 2nd, 2005 · 06:02 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
I really like the whole sound of the guitar parts together. 

You are a very talented improviser.
#4September 2nd, 2005 · 06:07 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow.  dag, yo.  this is one of those songs that just gets your head racing around.  that's great stuff.  love the guitar work.  despite the fact that you call it not "flashy", you can make it sound terrific.  guitar work doesn't always need to be flashy to sound incredible.

thank you for not banging the high-hat on the FL drums.  so many people do that, and it drives me nuts. 

cool work, man   that's awesome.

i'd love to hear more of the backing track. it gets lost b/c of volume i think.  i didn't evern really hear it until i went back and listened to the beginning again.
#5September 2nd, 2005 · 09:55 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments all!

Yes you are right TLS, the rhythm guitars for the backing are mixed too low...I've re-adapted this since but I think it would be too much hassle to re-upload it as a new version when I've just increased the levels of the backing guitars by a few decibels.

Oh, and what do you guys think of that kick sound I got - particularly at the 'verse'... Not bad for FL I thought?

Anyway, can't wait til I get a new PC and I can start recording some better stuff. I have a Boss GT-8 (read: 'badass') multi-fx pedal with amp sim. I'm also giving serious considering to investing in a true drum sample package like DFH = realistic sounding drums.

Thanks for the input, I will consider any constructive criticisms like about the backing etc with each track I record! It all helps me improve at what I love most
#6September 8th, 2005 · 01:12 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
My head is melting!
I agree with TLS, it gets your head racing around. Big giant king kong sized thumbs up 
#7September 8th, 2005 · 09:22 PM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Don't blame your computer, you're just trying to sound metal-like in your improvisation but you just try, you don't get it right, you should try to improve in fl instead, I'm sure you can.
I didn't want to sound rude, sorry. Anyway I dislike metal. 
#8September 9th, 2005 · 02:46 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I'm not trying to sound metal at all, I can play metal but you missed the point by a few miles. The scales, rhythm, chordal work, even drums arent metal. Thanks all the same.
#9September 9th, 2005 · 07:55 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
14 posts
United States of America
A SPACE IN TIME
you are one of those guys that make me feel so mediocre!!!  i just love good guitar work...  and though often times i have a hard time getting any heart from it, my ears really like the candy.
#10September 9th, 2005 · 08:31 PM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
ooooooo
oooo tastey guitar work there bro    you've got some sweet finger talent!

makes a cool instrumental track, tho i'd like to hear some vocals squeezed in there, that would be interesting...
#11September 10th, 2005 · 12:21 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Good guitar work. Impressive fills. Keep it up.
#12September 11th, 2005 · 07:54 PM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Whatever
Sounds like Iron Maiden, so you should be proud. Sorry about the last post. Anyway get a drummer. FL doesn't work for this, or for you, sounds to quiet.
#13September 12th, 2005 · 01:23 AM
7 threads / 5 songs
81 posts
Japan
Damn thats some impressive sounding stuff there.  Your doing the drums electronically i assume?  If ever you get a piece half finished but recorded without drums, if you send it over to me I would love to add a drum track to it from my kit (not to upload here obviously, just for myself unless you wanted also) cos some of the changes in rythym and other things that you do sound like they could have a lot of fun stuff to accopany with.  Anyway, great stuff all the same, fruity loop drums or not.
Nick
#14September 12th, 2005 · 05:49 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Well itis nice. But it is kind of monotonous. It is definitively gets ur head racing. Though it does sound like iron maiden at times, the patch is more soemthing u hear ina  Joe Satriani song. You have got awesome skills with the guitar and obviously have got good knowledge of scales. Won't say you need lyrics may make it shorter,it is sot of repetitive.
#15September 12th, 2005 · 02:17 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Jeez, Listening to this makes me want to suit work and play guitar all day.
Very skilled, you know what you're doing, and even though you are a one man band, with fruity looped drums, well.. the sound is incredibly polished for what you are working with.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 10:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.